Hayden tid bits | CraigDailyPress.com

Hayden tid bits

Guest author

On Nov. 13, Charlie Epp was honored at a retirement party held in the Congregational Church parish hall. Charlie served as a volunteer with the fire department in Routt County for 20 years. All fire and ambulance crew members and their spouses were invited to attend. Charlie was presented a fireman’s ax which is a traditional gift for retirement. The local department gave him the helmet he wore through the years as a special keepsake. The La Plaza catered the meal.

Sarah Summerline celebrated her 12th birthday Nov. 13 with a slumber party for close friends at her home. The girls had a great time sharing this day with Sarah.

Carol Rickman was a patient twice at The Memorial Hospital in Craig. At this time she is undergoing numerous medical tests.

Mr. and Mrs. Sam Jenkins were here from Fort Collins to visit Misty’s family.

Cindy Leck and Suzie Copeland were in Grand Junction Nov. 13 to attend a seminar on the use of computers. They report it was a productive meeting.

Mona Weaver returned home Sunday from a trip east to be with her daughter, Margaret, when she underwent laser eye surgery. The operation went well.

Congratulations to Jennifer Hayden and Todd Kelton on their marriage Oct. 22 at Montego Bay, Jamaica. They both graduated from Hayden High School. Following a honeymoon they will make their home in Winnemucca, Nev., where both are employed.

The Linsacum family report they had a great time in New York but are happy to be back in Colorado. Congratulation sJnl, and welcome back.

The Dan Faucett family celebrated Jerod’s 17th birthday Nov. 8.

Many Haydenites were in Craig to attend the craft fair at Centennial Mall.

Sylvia Walker and Kathy Smith returned home Monday from a trip to eastern Colorado. Sylvia sought medical attention in Longmont and spent time with her son, John, and family.

Tommy Kistler is doing well after accidently shooting himself in the leg. He was treated and released from the hospital.

Lyla Miller recently underwent emergency major surgery at Routt Memorial Hospital. She hopes at the end of her six-week healing period she will be able to return to work.