Government update on July 24
July 24, 2015
Moffat County Commissioners' meeting
When: 9:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Please note this weeks Moffat County Commissioners' meeting starts at 9:30 a.m., as opposed to the normal time of 8:30 a.m.
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
Recommended Stories For You
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda — Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: July 21
b) Resolution(s) for payment of payroll warrants: 2015-84 and 85
c) Resolution for transfer of payment of warrants: 2015-86
d) Extension of permit for limestone pit 10
e) Core Services Day Treatment Services contract — Denver Children's Home
f) Core services day treatment services contract Denver Children's Home
g) Five county core services mental health services contract — Roger Reynolds
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
— Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Road & Bridge Department — Linda DeRose
• Present bid recommendation for 2015 road striping project
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Clerk's Office — Tammy Raschke
• Present special events permit for Veterans of Foreign Wars beer garden at Moffat County Balloon Festival
6) 9:30 to 9:45 a.m.: Finance department — Mindy Curtis
• Present DOLA county manager grant application for signature
7) 9:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Break
8) CBOE Hearings
a) 1 to 1:30 p.m.: Craig Inn
b) 1:30 to 1:35 p.m.: Cactus Ranch Investments
c) 1:35 to 1:40 p.m.: Clayton
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
1) 5:30 p.m.: Workshop
a) Presentation from Tara Wojtkiewicz, director of Moffat County Youth Services
b) Discussion of SB-152 override and enhancing high speed internet access through public/private partnerships
c) Dan Davidson, curator of Museum of Northwest Colorado, will give an update on the World War II memorial grant project
2) 7:30 p.m.: Council meeting
Please note that action (including final action) may be taken on any or all of the following items:
1) Pledge of Allegiance
2) Call to Order
3) Approval of minutes from June 23, 2015 meeting
4) Approval of bills
5) Approval of agenda
6) Consent Agenda
a) Approval of a special events liquor permit for a beer garden at the Moffat County Fair Aug. 7 from 5 to 10 p.m.
b) Renewal of a tavern liquor license for Thunder Rolls Bowling Center, 990 Industrial Avenue, Craig. No cause shown for denial.
c) Renewal of 3.2 percent beer license for Pizza Hut, 1070 W. Victory Way, Craig. No cause shown for denial.
7) Council reports
a) Terry Carwile will appear before Council to update them on the recent ruling against the Office of Surface Mining and Reclamation Enforcement (OSMRE) relating to Colowyo Coal Company.
b) Frank Moe will update Council on the local marketing district process to get a question on the Nov. 3 ballot.
9) Other business
a) A resolution concerning the submission of a ballot question on the Nov. 3 election ballot regarding reestablishing the city's legal ability to directly or indirectly provide cable television services, telecommunication services and advanced services with public or private sector providers
b) Bid award for sandblasting and repainting of the Pine Ridge Water tank
c) Consider appointment to the Colorado Wildlife Council
d) Consider appointment of Stephen Hinkemeyer to Yampa-White-Green River Basins Roundtable
10) Staff Reports
a) Presentation on Code Enforcement Process
b) June Water/Wastewater reports
c) June police report
d) Financial report for June
a) May 2015 Police department report
11) City Manager/City Attorney reports
12) Audience Comments
13) Additional Council Reports
14) Executive session for the sole purpose of discussion of a personnel matter pursuant to C.R.S. 24-6-402(4)(f).