Government update: Moffat County Commission
Last met: June 22
• Approved, 3-0, voided warrant resolutions for June totaling $32,334.41 and $1,500.
• Approved, 3-0, payroll warrant resolutions ending June 12 totaling $685,357.52.
• Approved, 3-0, a bid recommendation from the road and bridge department for striping projects to Rocky Mountain Enterprises totaling $22,526.25.
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• Tabled, 3-0, a landfill engineering bid recommendation from the road and bridge department.
• Approved, 3-0, a revised Colorado House Bill 04-1451 memorandum of understanding from the social services department.
• Approved, 3-0, meeting minutes for the May 25 meeting with social services director Marie Peer.
• Approved, 3-0, two revised Colorado Works policies.
• Approved, 3-0, a bid recommendation for pavement maintenance at the Craig-Moffat County Airport with Hi-Lite Marking totaling $98,244.40 with the understanding that if the rest of FFA grant money for the project was not received, the project would not be completed.
• Approved, 3-0, a request to waive the bid process for electronic updates for jail security system with EO Integrated Systems, Inc. totaling $37,500.
• Approved, 3-0, to become a co-sponsor of a petition to allow public input on the emission reduction plan required by Colorado House Bill 10-1365, also known as the Clean Air-Clean Jobs act.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: Gulfport Energy Corp. division order for museum minerals, warrant resolution.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda
— Read state Senate resolution regarding Major William Adams Medal of Honor highway
— Discuss signing resolution in support of local administration of Colorado’s human services system and commitment to excellence
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber of administration
— Present June budget supplemental
• 9:30 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Tom Soos of EMS council.
— Present provider licenses for signature.
— EMS council report
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Lynnette Running of human resources.
— Present personnel requisition
• 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose of the road and bridge department.
— Present bid recommendation for landfill engineering
— Request waiving bid process for drop cables on swinging bridge
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Craig Press’s capstone event for Longevity Project embraces need for mental health awareness, services
Community members gathered at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Wednesday to learn about and discuss mental health options and resources in the county. Hosted by the Craig Press, the panel and keynote speaker were the capstone…