Government update for the week Sept. 7
Moffat County Commissioners’ meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda —
Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: Sept. 1 and Aug. 31 — Local Marketing District Public Hearing
b) Resolution for transfer of payment of warrants: 2015-98
c) Resolution for payment of payroll warrants: 2015-99, 100
d) Propane price agreement with Amerigas
e) Department of Local Affairs grant contract for phase 3 of Shadow Mountain Village Improvement Project
f) Audit services agreement with McMahon & Associates
g) Cost allocation services agreement with MGT of America
h) Agreement for professional auditing services with McMahan&Associates for Department of Social Services
i) Monthly treasurer’s report
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion — Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Planning & Zoning — Jerry Hoberg
• Kunkle Outdoor Storage CUP C-15-04
• Navratil Setback Variance V-15-01
5) 9:15 to 9:45 a.m.: Road & Bridge Department – Bill Mack & Linda DeRose
• Monthly Reports
6) 9:45 to 10 a.m.: Sheriff’s Office – Todd Wheeler
• Discussion regarding possible memo of understanding with Bureau of Land Management for use of airport by Single Engine Air Tanker program
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. 4th St.
1) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from Aug. 25 meeting
4) Approval of minutes from Aug. 31 special meeting
5) Approval of minutes from Sept. 1 special meeting
6) Approval of August 2015 bills
7) Approval of agenda
8) Consent agenda
• Approval of a special events liquor permit for Yampa Valley Friends of the NRA for an event to be held on October 3 from 5:30 p.m. to midnight at the Boys & Girls Club.
• Renewal of a 3.2 percent beer license for City Market at 505 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
• Renewal of 3.2 percent beer license for WalMart, 2000 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
• Renewal of tavern liquor license for Cool Water Grille, 337 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
9) Council Reports
• Doyle O’Neal and Kristen Olsen of the Grand Olde West Days committee will appear to request funding for 2016.
• Receive a report from K.C. Hume.
11) Other Business
• Review and consider approval of a new intergovernmental agreement with Moffat County for the Craig/Moffat Airport.
12) Staff Reports
• August 2015 police report
13) City Manager/City Attorney reports
14) Audience comments
15) Additional council reports
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
It wouldn’t be a league event for Moffat County High School track and field athletes without bringing home some hardware, and the Bulldogs earned some metal last weekend.