Government update for the week of Sept. 26
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda — Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve Minutes: Sept. 20
b) Colorado Department of Local Affairs grant contract for Browns Park Swinging Bridge Project
c) Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. — client authorization to bind coverage for fiduciary insurance policy
d) Five county core services mental health services — create connectivity
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Road and Bridge Department — Dan Miller and Linda DeRose
• Present bid recommendation for bridge decking
• Present final settlement letter to Stripe A Lot
5) 9:15 to 9:25 a.m.: Office of Development Services — Roy Tipton
• Present bid recommendation for Moffat County Public Safety Center rooftop HVAC units
• Request waiving the bid process for commissioner’s fleet vehicle
6) 9:25 to 9:35 a.m.: Community Broadband Project — Audrey Danner
• Discuss support for the Community Broadband Project marketing program
7) 9:35 to 9:40 a.m.: Moffat County Board of Commissioners
• Announce appointment to Employee Health Insurance Board
Craig City Council meeting
When:When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
1) Pledge of allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from Sept. 13 meeting
4) Approval of agenda
5) Consent agenda
• Renewal of a hotel and restaurant liquor license for Gino’s located 572 Breeze St.
• Renewal of retail liquor store license for Loadout Liquor located at 1800 West Victory Way.
6) Council reports
• Terry Carwile and Audrey Danner, co-chairs of the Moffat Broadband Committee, will appear to request council’s participation in the Moffat County broadband planning marketing.
• Michelle Balleck, executive director of Craig/Moffat Economic Development will request a letter of support for Rural Philanthropy Days and give an update on CMEDP and will present their request for funding for 2017.
• Roger Richmond and Kirstie McPherson of the Local Marketing District Board will update council on the LMD budget, goals, et cetera.
• Wendy Moser, senior manager, of Charter Communications will present a check to Boys & Girls Club of Craig and distribute some information about broadband communications.
8) Other business
• Ordinance 1054 (first reading) — and ordinance amending the noise ordinance pertaining to noise permits as contained Section 9.42.060 of the Craig Municipal Code.
• Ordinace 1055 (first reading) — an ordinance adopting section 13.36.055 of the Craig Municipal Code to establish standards for control of backflow and cross-connection by water users
• Ordinance 1056 (introduction) — an ordinance amending section 2.04.010 of Craig Municipal Code concerning the time of regular city council meetings.
9) Staff reports
• August water and wastewater reports
• August financial report
10) City manager and city attorney reports
11) Audience comments
12) Additional council reports
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Two Craig men facing multiple felony drug distribution charges had their cases continued on Friday into early June Friday in Moffat County court in front of Judge Brittany Schneider.