Government update for the week of Sept. 21
Moffat County Commissioners’ meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda —
Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: Sept. 15
b) Resolution(s) for payment of payroll warrants: 2015- 102, 103
c) Resolution for transfer of payment of warrants: 2015-104
d) Community services block grant request for reimbursement form
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion — Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:30 a.m.: Yampa River System Legacy Partnership — Ben Beall
• Discussion of Leafy Spurge Project
5) 9:30 to 9:45 a.m.: Museum of Northwest Colorado — Dan Davidson
• Present Mineral Leases with 3 Crown Petroleum for signature
6) 9:45 to 10 a.m.: Sheriff’s Office — Todd Wheeler
• Present the following documents for signature:
1) Airport memo of understanding with Bureau of Land Management
2) Agreement for cooperative wildfire protection
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. 4th St.
1) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from Sept. 8 meeting
4) Approval of agenda
5) Consent agenda
6) Council reports
• Brent Curtice, superintendent of Moffat County School District, will be introducing the new teachers in the district this year.
• Keith Kramer, executive director of Yampa Valley Data Partners, will appear to request funding for 2015 and 2016.
• Steve Hinkemeyer will provide an update on the Yampa/White/Green Basin Roundtable.
• John Rossfeld, CEO, and Jennifer Riley, chief of marketing and business development for The Memorial Hospital will provide an update to council.
• Karen Brown and other members of the Downtown Business Association will speak to council concerning Halloween.
8) Other business
• Approve proclamation declaring Oct. 12 as Paint the Town Pink Day in conjunction with Breast Cancer Awareness Month presented by The Memorial Hospital and Craig Daily Press.
• Consideration and approval of an memorandum of understanding between Bureau of Land Management, Colorado Department of Public Safety, Moffat County Commissioners and the City of Craig.
9) Staff reports
• August 2015 Water and Wastewater department reports.
• August 2015 Financial report.
10) City manager/city attorney reports
11) Audience comments
12) Additional Council Reports
10:05 a.m. On the 2000 block of West Victory Way, police in Craig responded to a road rage call. Craig police said a caller reported a driver with a child in the backseat was driving erratically. When