Government update for the week of Oct. 31
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda —
Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: Oct. 25
b) Resolution for payment of payroll warrants: 2016-111, 112
c) Resolution for transfer of payment of warrants: 2016-113
d) Moffat County Threat and Hazard Identification Risk Assessment Policy
e) Five county core services contract for mental health services behavioral health and wellness — addendum
f) Licensed childcare provider fiscal agreement with Ingrid Reed
g) Child welfare hotline memo of understanding with Prowers County
8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:05 a.m.: Board of County Commissioners
• Announce Moffat County Fair Board Seats
5) 9:05 to 9:15 a.m.: Office of Development Services — Roy Tipton
• Present bid recommendation for weed and pest services pickup
• Present bid recommendation for Swinging Bridge engineering
6) 9:30 to 9:45 a.m.: Save the Barn Committee — John Allen
• Present recommendation from Employee Health Insurance Board for 2017 Medical & Dental Insurance premium increase
7) 9:45 to 10 a.m.: Natural Resources Department — Jeff Comstock
• Present mineral lease with Metrics Energy for consideration
Moffat County Tourism Association meeting
When:When: 3 p.m. Wednesday 3 p.m. Wednesday
When: 3 p.m. Wednesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Agenda:Agenda:
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Agenda:
1) 3 p.m.: Review 2107 Advertising budget allocation to date
2) 3:05 p.m.: Review Colorado OSVG half-page ad
3) 3:10 p.m.: Review January and February Colorado Life quarter-page ad — five more ads in 2017, discuss strategy
4) 3:20 p.m.: Moffat County Treasures — 2017 options
5) 3:30 p.m.: 2017 Craig Chamber of Commerce publication update and “Welcome to Craig” publication
6) 3:40 p.m.: 2017 Colorado Hunter (July Deadline)
7) 3:45 p.m.: RMJ and Colorado.com leads, proper use and response strategy
8) 3:50 p.m.: Future collateral — discuss one piece brochure
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Erin Smiddy has lived in Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District nearly all her life. An unaffiliated voter who lives in Aspen, Smiddy said she voted for President Joe Biden and Democrat Diane Mitsch Bush, who ran against Republican Lauren Boebert, in the 2020 election. So far she said she’s not impressed with Boebert’s job performance.