Government update for the week of Oct. 12
October 9, 2015
Moffat County Commissioners' meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Recommended Stories For You
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda —
Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: Oct. 6
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion — Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Finance Department — Mindy Curtis
• Present 2016 proposed budget
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Advocates — Kathy Bockelman
• Present Domestic Violence Awareness Month proclamation for signature
6) 9:30 to 10 a.m.: The Memorial Hospital — John Rossfeld and Jennifer Riley
• Hospital update
7) 10 to 10:15 a.m.: Road & Bridge Department — Bill Mack and Linda DeRose
• Monthly reports
8) 10:15 to 10:30 a.m.: Natural Resources Department — Jeff Comstock
• Present memo of understanding between Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement Western Region and Moffat County Natural Resources Department for signature
9) 10:30 to 11 a.m.: Department of Social Services — Dollie Rose
• Review Sept. 15 minutes for revision or approval
• Department updates
• Electronic transactions
• Monthly reports
10) 11 to 11:15 a.m.: Office of Development Services — Roy Tipton and Finance Department — Mindy Curtis
• Present Public Safety Center lease for signature
11) 11:15 to 11:30 a.m.: Craig/Moffat Economic Development Partnership, Moffat County Tourism Association, and Chamber of Commerce
• Organization updates
12) 11:45 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Audrey Danner
• Discuss the City of Craig's Department of Local Affairs Grant application for Moffat County broadband planning
Craig City Council meeting
When:When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. 4th St. Craig City Hall, 300 W. 4th St.
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. 4th St.
1) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from Sept. 25 meeting
4) Approval of September bills
5) Approval of agenda
6) Consent agenda
• Approval of a hotel and restaurant liquor license for Gino's located at 572 Breeze Street.
7) Council reports
• Kathy Bockelman, interim director of Advocates Crisis Support Services, will present a proclamation concerning domestic violence awareness month.
• Update from Craig/Moffat Economic Development Partnership, Craig Chamber of Commerce and Moffat County Tourism Association.
• Dave Fleming, Dave DeRose and Kirstie McPherson will update the Council on the local marketing district progress.
9) Other business
• Consider approval of sublease for Moffat County Public Safety Center for Craig Police Department.
• Award of bid for painting of North Clarifier.
10) Staff reports
• Police Department monthly report.
11) City manager/city attorney reports
12) Audience comments
13) Additional Council Reports
Craig Rural Fire Protection District board meeting
When:When: 7 p.m. Thursday 7 p.m. Thursday
When: 7 p.m. Thursday
Where:Where: Craig Rural Fire Protection District, 419 Yampa Avenue Craig Rural Fire Protection District, 419 Yampa Avenue
Where: Craig Rural Fire Protection District, 419 Yampa Avenue
1) Call the meeting to order
2) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
3) Approval of agenda
4) Approval of minutes — Sept. 17
5) Approval of the bills
• Fire department bills
• Hazmat bills
• Pension bills
6) Purchase Orders
7) Budget Review (Nichols)
8) New Business
• First reading of Budget
• Thank you note from East Elementary Preschool
• Thank you note from Moffat County Library
10) Reports from the chief
11) For the good of the order
12) Board member reports
13) Audience comments