Government update for the week of Oct. 10
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda — Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve Minutes: Oct. 4
b) Monthly treasurer’s report
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Planning and Zoning — Jerry Hoberg
• Southwestern Energy gathering line — Conditional Use Permit C-16-05
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Road & Bridge Department — Dan Miller
• Monthly reports
6) 9:30 to 10 a.m.: The Memorial Hospital — Andy Daniels and Jennifer Riley
• Hospital update
7) 10 to 10:15 a.m.: Finance Department — Chuck Grobe
• Present proposed 2017 county budget
8) 10:15 to 10:30 a.m.: Horizons — Susan Mizen
• Present letter of support for USDA grant for agency vehicle assistance
Craig City Council meeting
When:When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
1) Pledge of allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from Sept. 27 meeting
4) Approval of September bills
5) Approval of agenda
6) Consent agenda
• Renewal of tavern liquor license for Cool Water Grille, 337 W. Victory Way
• Approve modification of premises for east Kum & Go showing new location of beer and points of service (cash registers) in new store
7) Council reports
• Kathy Connell and David Eller will give an update from CDOT
• Tamara Curtis, executive director of Advocates Crisis Support Services will present a proclamation for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
• Jennifer Riley, marketing director, and Andy Daniels, CEO, of The Memorial Hospital will give an update
9) Other business
• P. J. Nichols will request approval of a letter of support for the Hunting Works for Colorado program
• Ordinance No. 1054 (second reading) — an ordinance amending the noise ordinance as contained in Section 9.42.040 of the Craig Municipal Code
• Ordinance No. 1055 (second reading) — an ordinance establishing standards for control of backflow and cross-connection by water users.
• Ordinance 1056 (first reading) — an ordinance amending the section 2.04.010 of the Craig Municipal Code concerning the time of regular city council meetings
10) Staff reports
• September police report
11) City manager and city attorney reports
12) Audience comments
13) Additional council reports
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Next week, Colorado Northwestern Community College and Moffat County are hosting a free day-long seminar for local ranchers and agriculture producers.