Government update for the week of Nov. 21
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda —
Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: Nov. 1
b) Resolution(s) for Payment of Payroll Warrants: 2016- 117 & 118
c) Resolution(s) for Transfer of Payment of Warrants: 2016-119
d) Resolution 2016-115: Transfer of Intergovernmental Funds for the month of
e) Contract for engineering and project management for the Brown’s Park
f) Harper Hill Communication Tower lease renewal w/GRMR
g) Emissions Permit/APEN cancellation request
3 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the Board may discuss any topic relevant to County business,
whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: BOCC
• Approve (2) Fair Board members
• Reappoint Artesia Fire District Board members
• Discussion of and possible approval of Local Marketing District operating plan and
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Road and Bridge Department —Dan Miller
• Present monthly department update
6) 9:30 to 9:45 a.m.: Office of Development Services — Roy Tipton and Road & Bridge Department – Dan Miller
• Discuss purchase of mobile home for Road & Bridge Department 4 Mile Shop
7) 9:45 to 10:15 a.m.: Department of Social Services — Dollie Rose
• Review Oct. 18 minutes for revision or approval
• Department updates
− Self Sufficiency: Update on the Northwest Colorado Regional Collaboration
(Shared Regional Eligibility Technician)
• Electronic Transactions
• Monthly Reports
8) 10:15 to 10:30 a.m.: Finance — Mindy Curtis
• Present the Proposed 2017 Budget
9) 10:30 to 10:45 MCTA – Tom Kleinschnitz
• Present building lease agreement for new MCTA office space
10) 10:45 to 11 a.m.: Planning & Zoning/Airport – Jerry Hoberg
• Discuss vacation of CR 117 & 185
• Present Trevenan ground lease at airport
Craig City Council meeting
When:When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
The Craig City Council will hold a workshop with Moffat County Commissioners and Elyse Ackerman from the Department of Local Affairs (DOLA).
Please note that action (including final action) may be taken on any or all of the following items:
1) Pledge of allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to Order
3) Approval of minutes from November 8, 2016, meeting
4) Approval of agenda
5) Consent Agenda
A) Approve a Special Events Permit for St. Johns Greek Orthodox Church for an event to be held on Dec. 31 at the Moffat County Pavilion, 700 E. Fourth St.
B) Approval of a Special Events Permit for Craig Rotary for “Diamonds and Spurs” to be held on Jan. 28, 2017 at the Moffat County Pavilion, 700 E. Fourth St.
C) Renewal of a Hotel and Restaurant license for Jose and Cassandra Nunez dba Vallartas Restaurant located at 1111 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
D) Renewal of a Tavern Liquor License for Danny Griffith dba JW Snacks located at 210 E) Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
F) Renewal of a Hotel and Restaurant license for Fiesta Jalisco located at 410 Ranney St. No cause shown for denial.
g) Renewal of a 3.2 percent beer license for Kum & Go #901 located at 895 Yampa St. No cause shown for denial.
6) Council Reports
A) Vicki Burns representing the Board of Realtors will present to Council information from the National Assn. of Realtors.
B) Kirstie McPherson will appear before Council to discuss the proposed sales tax/use tax ballot issue for the April 2017 election.
8) Other Business
A) Resolution No. 6 ~ approving the Moffat County Local Marketing District (LMD) 2017 operating plan.
B) Resolution No. 7 – adopting The Nine Rules of Civility.
C) Ordinance No. 1057 – proposed 2017 Budget.
D) Ordinance No. 1058 ~ proposed increase of wastewater rates.
9) Staff Reports
A) October 2016 Water/Wastewater Reports
B) October 2016 Financial Report
10) City Manager/City Attorney Reports
A) Discussion of the local transit plan.
11) Audience Comments
12) Additional Council Reports
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Editor’s note: This story is part of an ongoing series highlighting voters throughout Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District. Through the month of May, the Glenwood Springs Post Independent, The Aspen Times, Steamboat Pilot & Today, Craig…