Government update for the week of March 9
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/Opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 p.m.: Consent agenda —
Review & sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: March 3
b) Resolution(s) for Payment of Payroll Warrants: 2015- 27 & 28
c) Resolution for Transfer of Payment of Warrants: 2015-29
d) Voided Warrants Resolution: 2015-37
e) Resolution corrections: 2015-30
f) Landfill Farm Lease
g) CSU Extension Office Memo of Understanding
h) Museum of Northwest Colorado — Rod Hanna exhibit contract
i) Central Collections Services contract
3 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the Board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Planning & Zoning — Jerry Hoberg
• Moore Exemption E-15-02
• Change “Eligible Parcels” portion of Exemption of Subdivision Regulations
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: John Kinkaid
• Present letter to Senator Lisa Murkowski regarding request for field hearing in Moffat
• Present letter of support for the 2015 Healthy Forest Initiative
6) 9:30 to 10 a.m.: Road & Bridge Department — Bill Mack
• Monthly reports
• Discuss increase of cattle guard costs
7) 10 to 10:15 a.m.: Moffat County Early Childhood Coalition — Judi Whilden
• Present proclamation declaring April 2015 as the Month of the Young Child
8) 10:15 to 10:30 a.m.: Office of Development Services — Roy Tipton
• Present Notice of Award for Phase II of Shadow Mountain Village Improvement
• Sign contract for Phase II of Shadow Mountain Village Improvement Project
9) 10:30 to 10:45 a.m.: Office of Emergency Management — Tom Soos
• Present CAMEO (Computer-Aided Management of Emergency Operations) class
grant application for signature
• Present application for Terrorism Liaison Officer training for signature
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
Please note that action (including final action) may be taken on any or all of the following items:
1) Roll call
2) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
3) Approval of minutes from Feb. 24 meeting
4) Approval of minutes from special meeting on March 3.
5) Approval of February 2015 bills
6) Approval of agenda
7) Consent Agenda
A) Approval of a Special Events Liquor Permit for Horizons Specialized Services for April 9, at Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion.
B) Approve renewal of a Hotel & Restaurant Liquor License for Stephanie and Brett Etzler dba Carelli’s Pizzeria at 465 Yampa Ave. No cause shown for denial.
A) Jennifer Riley and John Rossfeld from the Memorial Hospital will update Council on the hospital.
B) Heather McLaughlin-Sloop from Southwestern Energy will appear before Council to discuss Southwestern’s oil and gas plan for this area.
9) Other Business
A) Resolution No. 4 ~ a resolution authorizing the city clerk to appoint election judges for the upcoming municipal election on April 7.
B) Ord. No. 1043 ~ an ordinance amending chapter 9.30 of the Craig Municipal Code Entitled “Alcohol and Drugs” by adding certain provisions concerning the extraction of Marijuana Concentrate.
10) Staff Reports
A) February 2015 Craig Police Department report and 2014 annual report.
11) City Manager/City Attorney Reports
12) Council Reports
13) Audience Comments
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.