Government update for the week of June 13
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda —
Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve Minutes: June 6
b) Resolutions for payment of payroll warrants: 2016-57, 58
c) Resolution for transfer of payment of warrants: 2016-60
d) Monthly treasurer’s report
e) Five county core services and mental health services contract — Yampa Valley Psychotherapists, Mind Springs and M. Drake-Young.
f) Five county core service and substance abuse services contract — Yampa Valley Psychotherapists and Mind Springs
g) Suncor Energy chip seal oil contract
h) Cooperative law enforcement annual operating plan between Moffat County
Sheriff’s Office and Medicine Bow/Routt National Forest
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Planning & Zoning — Jerry Hoberg
• Northwest Ready Mix Zone Change LI to HI – R-16-01
• May re-subdivision – S-16-01
• Code change – Property Development Standards 2016-61
• Road Review Exempt Subdivision
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Road & Bridge Department — Linda DeRose
• Monthly report
• Discuss landfill strategic plan
6) 9:30 to 10 a.m.: The Memorial Hospital — Jennifer Riley
• Hospital update
7) 10 to 10:15 a.m.: Development Services — Roy Tipton
• Present Charter Communications franchise agreement for approval
8) 10:15 to 10:30 a.m.: Clerk’s Office – Lila Herod
• Special events liquor license hearing for chamber of commerce beer garden at Whittle the Wood
9) 10:30 to 10:45 a.m.: MCTA — Melody Villard
• Discuss partnering with economic development funds for off-road vehicle marketing project with Miller Creative.
10) 10:45 to 11 a.m.: Audine Evans
• Discuss landfill hay field property gate
11) 11 to 11:15 a.m.: Office of Emergency Management — Tom Soos
• Present county evacuation plan for approval
• Present continuity of government plan for approval
12) 11:15 to 11:30 a.m.: Natural Resources Department — Jeff Comstock
• Present swinging bridge right of way permit for approval
13) 11:30 to 11:45 a.m.: Human Resources Department — Lynnette Siedschlaw
• Present resolution for reinstatement and amendment of on-call provisions for county operations.
Craig City Council meeting
When:When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
1) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from May 24
4) Approval of May 2016 bills
5) Approval of agenda
6) Consent agenda
• Renewal of tavern liquor license for Mathers’ bar, 420 Yampa Avenue.
7) Council reports
• Proclamation for General Aviation Awareness Month.
• Representatives from McMahan and Associates will present the audit of the 2015 financials.
• Frank Moe, Moffat County Commissioner, will present concepts from the book 13 Ways to Kill a Community and will request financial support of $1,250 from the City for this program.
9) Other business
• Discussion and approval of consulting agreement with NEO Fiber, Inc., regarding broadband assessment.
• Award of bid for 2016 Curb and Gutter Construction and Concrete projects
• Approve letter of support for the current Federal Coal Program.
• Ordinance 1050 (2016) ~ an ordinance amending Chapter 9 of the Craig Municipal Code entitled “Public Peace, Morals and Welfare” by adding certain provisions to amend and add to the criminal charges that can be filed in municipal court.
• Ordinance No. 1051 (2016) ~ an ordinance amending the discharge of firearms ordinance as contained in Section 9.68.090 of the Craig Municipal Code to allow for appropriate shooting sports activities within city limits.
• Discussion and possible action on a sales tax or sales/use tax question for the November 2016 ballot.
• Approval of Separation Agreement for City Manager Jim Ferree
• Appointment of Interim City Manager
10) Staff reports
• May 2016 police report
11) City manager/city attorney reports
12) Audience comments
13) Additional council reports
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Content provided in partnership with Northwest Colorado Health