Government update for the week of June 11
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda — Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve Minutes: July 12
b) Resolution for payment of payroll warrants: 2016-71, 72
c) Resolution for transfer of payment of warrants: 2016-73
d) Monthly treasurer’s report
e) Fair entertainment contracts
f) Discharge monitoring report — Limestone Pit No. 10
g) Courthouse asphalt project contract
h) Five county core services substance abuse services with Correctional Alternative Placement Services
i) Colorado Works substance abuse services contract with Correctional Alternative Placement Services.
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9:00 to 9:15 a.m.: Board of County Commissioners
• Discuss memo of understanding for use of the Loudy-Simpson Park soccer fields between Colorado Northwestern Community College and Moffat County
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Board of County Commissioners
• Discuss moving alternate on Moffat County Tourism Association Board to voting member status due to
6) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Moffat County Road and Bridge Department — Linda DeRose
• Monthly report
• Request waiving bid process for landfill liner
• Present bid recommendation for snow plow truck
7) 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Moffat County Assessor’s Office: — Chuck Cobb
• Office update
Craig City Council meeting
When:When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
1) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from June 28
4) Approval of June 2016
5) Approval of agenda
6) Consent agenda
• Renewal of a tavern liquor license for Thunder Rolls Bowling Center located at 900 Industrial Avenue.
• Approval of a special events liquor permit for the Downtown Business Association for a beer garden at Fun Fest in Alice Pleasant Park on July 15.
7) Council reports
• Megan Moore-Kemp from Yampa Valley Electric Association will appear before Council to present the “Cen$ible Energy” rebate program.
9) Other business
• Ordinance No. 1052 — an ordinance granting a non-exclusive cable franchise to Bresnan Communications, LLC, locally known as Charter Communications.
• Discussion and possible action on hiring an executive search firm for the city manager search.
• Discussion and possible approval of the job description and salary for the city manager position.
10) Staff reports
• June 2016 police report
11) City manager/city attorney reports
12) Audience comments
13) Additional council reports
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
SILT — Water managers are dealing with the after effects of the Grizzly Creek Fire and subsequent mudslides in Glenwood Canyon by continuing a water quality monitoring program.