Government update for the week of July 25
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda — Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve Minutes: July 19
b) Resolution for payment of payroll warrants: 2016-77, 78
d) Emergency management program grant agreement
e) Emergency management program grant quarterly expenses reimbursement request
f) Fair entertainment contract with Fun Productions, Inc.
g) Rental agreement for Great Divide and Vermillion houses (pgs 32-39)
h) Quit claim deed correction with Kum & Go
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:30 a.m.: Department of Social Services — Dollie Rose (pgs 41-51)
5) 9:30 to 9:45 a.m.: Road & Bridge Department — Linda DeRose
• Review June 21 minutes for revision or approval
• Department updates
• Electronic transactions
• Monthly Reports
6) 9:45 to 10 a.m.: Office of Development Services — Roy Tipton
• Present bid recommendation for 2016 road striping project
• Present bid recommendation for GCL landfill liner
• Present final payment letter to Precision Excavating for Maybell Lagoon repair
Craig City Council meeting
When:When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
1) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from July 12
4) Approval of agenda
5) Consent agenda
• Approve renewal of 3.2 percent beer license for Pizza Hut, 1070 West Victory Way.
• Approve a special events liquor permit for Aug. 12 only for a beer garden at the Moffat County Fair.
6) Council reports
• Dave Grabowski will present a proclamation regarding the Veteran’s Charity Ride.
8) Other business
• Ordinance No. 1052 — an ordinance adopting a new cable franchise agreement with Charter Communications.
• Ordiance No. 1053 — an ordiance amending the contractors’ licesnsing ordiance contained in chapter 15.24 of the Craig Municipal Code.
• Discussion and possible action regarding an executive search firm for the city manager search.
• Discussion on opposition to Amendment 69 regarding a taxpayer funded system to provide universal health coverage in Colorado.
• Discussion and possible action on manufacturing incubator.
9) Staff reports
• June 2016 water/wastewater reports
• Building department report — Marlon Eckhoff
• June 2016 financial report
10) City manager/city attorney reports
11) Audience comments
12) Additional council reports
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
As Christmas’s oldest debates about traditions come back around, one tends to stick out among the rest. Do you put up a real Christmas tree or a fake one?