Government update for the week of Jan. 9
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
Craig — When: 9 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 9 a.m.: Call to order by the chairman
• Pledge of allegiance/Opening prayer
2) Appointment of BOCC Chair for 2017
3) Consent agenda —
Review & Sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: Jan. 4
b) Resolution(s) for payment of payroll warrants: 2017 — 5 & 6
c) Resolution(s) for transfer of payment of warrants: 2017 — 7 & 9
d) Department of Social Services copy machine maintenance agreement
3) General discussion and BOCC reports
— Please note that the Board may discuss any topic relevant to County business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) General business & administrative items:
a) Finance — Mindy Curtis
• Present grant agreement with DOLA for Fiscal Health Initiative
b) Road & Bridge Department — Dan Miller
• Monthly reports
c) Moffat County Broadband Planning — Audrey Danner
• Program update
d) Advocates — Tamara Curtis
• Present proclamations for:
— Stalking Awareness month
— Human Trafficking Awareness month
• Approve Emergency Management Program Grant application for 2017
• Review & Sign Resolution 2017-8: Accepting the “Nine Rules of Civility”
• Review & Sign a proclamation, “A Call to Prayer for America”
f) Human Resources Department — Lynnette Siedschlaw
Housing Authority – Shawna Muhme
• Present Personnel Requisition for approval
Craig City Council meeting
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
1) Pledge of allegiance & moment of silence
2) Call to Order
3) Approval of minutes from Dec. 13 and 27 meetings
4) Approval of December 2016 bills
5) Approval of agenda
6) Consent agenda
a) Tamara Curtis, Executive Director of Advocates Crisis Support Services (ACSS) will present two proclamations for approval. The first one declares January as Human Trafficking Awareness Month; and, the second declares January as Stalking Awareness Month.
b) Audrey Danner of Moffat County Broadband Committee will provide an update to council concerning the broadband project.
c) John Allen will do a presentation on the Luttrell Barn.
8) Other business
a) Resolution No. 1 (2017) ~ a resolution designating a public place for posting notice of any meeting as required under the open meetings law.
b) Resolution No. 2 (2017) ~ a resolution declaring the Craig Daily Press as the official newspaper of the City of Craig, Colorado.
c) Ordinance No. 1059 setting a sales/use tax ballot question for the April 4, municipal election.
d) Ordinance No. 1060 regarding a ballot question for the April 4, 2017 municipal election permitting the retail sales, growing, manufacturing and testing facilities of marijuana in the city of Craig.
e) Ordinance No. 1061 regarding a ballot question for the April 4 municipal election on levying a 5 percent sales tax on the sale of retail and medical marijuana and marijuana products within the city of Craig.
f) Ordinance No. 1062 referring a ballot question for the April 4 election regarding the city of Craig levying an excise tax on the first sale or transfer of unprocessed retail marijuana by retail marijuana cultivation facilities.
9) Staff Reports
• December 2016 police report.
10) City Manager/City Attorney Reports
11) Council Reports
12) Audience comments
Moffat County Tourism Association
When: 3 p.m. Wednesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, upstairs conference room
1) 3 p.m.: Call to Order/Roll Call — Welcome guests
• Review of minutes and financials
• Conflict of interest disclosure
2) 3:10 p.m.: 2017 membership approvals
• Steamboat Chamber Resort Association
• Craig Downtown Association
3) 3:20 p.m.: Marketing Committee report — Tammie Thompson-Booker
• No new 2017 budget item approvals for this meeting
• Website update: VisitMoffatCounty.com
• 2018 Co-op, Denver or Salt Lake, Sport/Boat & Travel Show
4) 3:40 p.m.: Strategic Planning Committee report – Larry Hoover
• Update on county road signs, “Welcome to Moffat County” signs and Elk Springs kiosk
• BLM signs discussion — Sand Wash Basin focus for 2017
5) 3:55 p.m.: Event funding
• Review of 2017 MCTA application
• LMD role in funding for the future
• Balloon Festival request for 2017
6) 4:10 p.m.: 2017 Calendar
• 2017 Board strategic planning date — 1 to 5 p.m., March 1, 2017
7) 4:12 p.m.: Director’s Report
8) 4:17 p.m.: Public comment
9) 4:30 p.m.: Adjournment
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Seven men are running for four open seats on Craig’s city council.