Government update for the week of Jan. 16
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 a.m.: Call to order by the chairman
• Pledge of Allegiance/Opening Prayer Approval of the agenda
2) 8:35 a.m.: Consent Agenda – Review & Sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: January 10
b) Resolution 2017-10: Authorizing Chairman to sign documents on behalf of the
c) Moffat County Thunder Cheer lease for Shadow Mountain Clubhouse space
d) Discharge Monitoring Report: Limestone Pit #10
e) Charchalis Pit — Sand and gravel lease renewal
f) Change of Contact for all Permits, Certifications & Authorizations for Colorado
Dept of Public Health & Environment (Road & Bridge Department)
g) Salvage Metal pickup and disposal contract w/X-Field Services
h) Community Services Block Grant Request for Reimbursement form
i) Community Services Block Grant Performance Report
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion & BOCC reports
• Please note that the Board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda
3) 9 a.m.: General Business & Administrative Items:
a) Smart Business Alliance — Craig/Moffat County Economic Development Partnership, Michelle Balleck; Craig Chamber of Commerce, Chris Oxley; Colorado Northwestern Community College, Desiree Moore; Workforce Center, Kirstie McPherson
• Discuss grant applications for business opportunity analyses and the county’s support of that initiative
b) Natural Resources Department, Jeff Comstock; Museum of Northwest Colorado, Dan Davidson
• Present mineral lease with Metrics Energy Company for approval
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Moffat County School District students will not be required to wear masks during the upcoming school year after the school board voted Tuesday to approve administrators’ plan to reopen completely and without restriction. The board…