Government update for the week of Aug. 8
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda — Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve Minutes: Aug. 2
b) Resolution for payment of payroll warrants: 2016-80, 81
c) Resolution for transfer of payment of warrants: 2016-82
d) Five county core services mental health services with S. Berkley
e) Work numbers contract between Moffat County Department of Social Services and Colorado Department of Human Services
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9:00 to 9:15 a.m.: Planning and Zoning — Jerry Hoberg
• Blevins Cemetery conditional use permit — C-16-03
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Road and Bridge Department — Linda DeRose
• Monthly report
6) 9:30 to 10 a.m.: The Memorial Hospital — Jennifer Riley
• Hospital update
7) 10 to 10:05 a.m.: Human Resources Department — Lynnette Siedschlaw
• Present EMBS provider amendment for approval
8) 10:05 to 10:15 a.m.: Board of County Commissioners
• Discuss approval of Local Marketing District board
Craig City Council meeting
When:When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
1) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from July 26 meeting and Aug. 2 special meeting
4) Approval of July 2016 bills
5) Approval of agenda
6) Consent agenda
• Approve renewal of 3.2 percent beer license for Pizza Hut, 1070 West Victory Way.
7) Council reports
• Appoint Rich Sadvar to Planning and Zoning Commission
• Grow Craig Committee regarding an ordinance allowing retail marijuana
9) Other business
• Review and discussion of proposed sign for Veterans Memorial Park
• Approve appointments to represent the city on the Local Marketing District board
• Discussion of city calendars
• Ordinance 1053 — an ordinance amending the contractor’s licensing ordinance contained in chapter 15.24 of the Craig Municipal Code
• Approve Resolution No. 4 regarding opposition to Amendment 69 — a taxpayer-funded system to provide universal health coverage in Colorado
10) Staff reports
• July 2016 police reports
11) City manager/city attorney reports
12) Audience comments
13) Additional council reports
• Letter of thanks to Yampa Valley Electric Association
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Fall has officially arrived, but before I can get into the season I’m looking back, more specifically to two columns I wrote back in June and July. These two columns focused on the haying season…