Government update for the week of Aug. 31
Moffat County Commissioners’ meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda — Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: Aug. 25
b) Emergency Management Program grant contract
c) Amendment to Wiley Unit for Museum of Northwest Colorado
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion — Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Road & Bridge Department — Linda DeRose & Bill Mack
• Present bid recommendation for Jet Spray Cleaner
5) 9:15 to 9:45 a.m.: Public Hearing on petition to form the Moffat County Local Marketing District
6) 9:45 to 10 a.m.: Board of County Commissioners
• Present resolution 2015-97 regarding the ballot question to form the Moffat County Local Marketing District.
7) 10 to 10:15 a.m.: Eric Lodwick
• Present motocross track lease for approval
8)10:15 to 10:30 a.m.: Finance Department — Mindy Curtis
• Present Public Safety Center refinance documents for signature
9) County Attorney — Rebecca Tyree
• Present Resolution 2015-96 regarding Broadband ballot question (override of Senate Bill 152)
This year, a handful of Moffat County High School graduates are setting out to carry on the family tradition. From business to education, these students plan to follow in the footsteps their parents and in some cases, grandparents and great-grandparents.