Government update for the week of Aug. 24
Moffat County Commissioners’ meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda —
Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: Aug. 18
b) Approve minutes: Aug. 17 board of health meeting
c) Resolution for payment of payroll warrants: 2015-93, 94
d) Resolution for transfer of payment of warrants: 2015-95
e) 2015 road striping project agreement
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion — Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Office of Emergency Management — Tom Soos
Present the following documents for signature:
• Community Alert Notification Plan
• Resource Mobilization Plan
• EMS Reserve Unit
• RETAC representatives appointment letter
• RETAC 501(c)(3) status letter
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Finance Department — Mindy Curtis
• Present Economic Development Administration grant application for signature
• Present Department of Local Affairs administrative grant request for signature
6) 9:30 to 10:15 a.m.: Trask Owens — Colorado Workforce Center
• Workforce Development Board yearly update
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. 4th St.
1) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from Aug. 11 meeting
4) Approval of agenda
5) Consent agenda
• Renewal of 3.2 percent beer license for WalMart, 2000 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
6) Council reports
• Presentation of a scope of work for the Moffat County Economic Development Administration grant.
• Kevin Booth from Yampa Valley Regional airport will give an update on the economic impacts of the airport.
8) Other business
• Discussion of Local Marketing District (LMD) and Resolution No. 9 — a resolution organizing the “Moffat County Local Marketing District” and setting an election and ballot question for the Nov. 3 election.
9) Staff reports
• July 2015 Water/Wastewater reports
• Financial report for July 2015
10) City Manager/City Attorney reports Audience Comments
11) Audience comments
12) Additional Council Reports
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.