Government update for the week of Aug. 22
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda — Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve Minutes: Aug. 16
b) Resolution for transfer of payment of warrants: 2016-87
c) Resolutions for payment of payroll warrants: 2016-88, 89
d) Core services sexual abuse treatment services with Mervyn Davies
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Road & Bridge Department – Linda DeRose
• Discuss replacement of 4 Mile Shop employee housing
Craig City Council meeting
When:When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
1) Pledge of allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from Aug. 9 meeting
4) Consent of agenda
5) Consent agenda
• Renewal of 3.2 percent beer license for City Market located at 605 W. Victory Way
• Renewal of retail liquor store license for Eastside Liquor
• Approve a special events liquor permit for Northwest Colorado chapter of Parrotheads for an event to be held on Sept. 17 at the corner of Victory Way and Tucker Street
6) Council reports
• Update and information on the broadband planning grant
• City Beautification Committee will give a report
• Steve Hinkemeyer will give a report on the Yampa/White/Green Rivers’ Basin Roundtable
8) Other business
• Discussion of variance for a fence at 1255 Lecuyer Dr. owned by Keith Prescott
• Ordinance No. 1053 — an ordinance amending the contractors’ licensing ordinance contained in Chapter 15.24 of the Craig Municipal Code.
• Ordiance No. 1054 (second reading) — an ordinance amending the noise ordinance as contained in Section 9.42.040 of the Craig Municipal Code to prohibit the use of the engine compression or jake brakes within city limits.
• Discussion and possible action on the donation of a piece of property to Colorado Department of Transportation at Sixth Street and Yampa Avenue for a traffic control box and street lights.
9) Staff reports
• July water/wastewater reports
• July financial report
10) City manager and city attorney reports
11) Audience comments
12) Additional council reports
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Colorado governor signs $34 billion budget into law, setting aside historic reserves and funding $800M stimulus package
Gov. Jared Polis signed Colorado’s $34.1 billion fiscal year 2021-22 budget into law on Monday, restoring cuts made as the coronavirus crisis descended on the state last year while also saving a historic amount for…