Government update for the week of Aug. 1
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda — Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve Minutes: July 26
b) Fair Entertainment contract with Fun Productions, Inc.
c) Suncor Energy credit application
d) Award letter to Armstrong for airport paving project
e) Airport Master Plan contract with Armstrong
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:10 a.m.: Office of Development Services — Roy Tipton
• Request waiving bid process for Loudy-Simpson Park bathroom replacements
5) 9:10 to 9:35 a.m.: Board of County Commissioners — Chuck Grobe
• Present “Together We Go” Colorado Department of Transportation statewide transportation plan
Moffat County Local Marketing District meeting
When:When: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday 6:30 p.m. Wednesday
When: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday
Where:Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St. Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
1) Call to order
2) Approve minutes from June 27 meeting
3) Financial report
4) Review and approval of bills for LMD board advertising
5) Mindy Curtis
• Community Economic Development Strategy/Better City presentation
• Discussion and possible adaptation
6) Three-minute presentation by each board candidate
7) Selection of board
8) Next steps, next meeting
9) Audience comments
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Community Health Benefit Fund through the Yampa Valley Medical Center Foundation has awarded 15 grants for 2022 totaling $340,000, given to 11 nonprofit organizations in Routt and Moffat counties.CommunityHealthGrants-sbt-052022