Government update for the week of Aril 24
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
Craig —When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory WayWhere: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 a.m.: Call to order by the Chairman
• Pledge of Allegiance/Opening Prayer
• Approval of the agenda
2) Consent agenda — review & sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: April 18
b) Resolution 2017-63: Transfer of Payment of Warrants for the month of April
3) Public Comment, General Discussion and BOCC Reports
— Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) Staff Reports:
a) Planning & Zoning — Jerry Hoberg
• Present Resolution 2017-52: Shadow Mountain Village zoning change
b) Department of Social Services — Dollie Rose
• Review March 14 minutes for revision or approval
— Department Updates
— Electronic Transactions
— Monthly Reports
c) Human Resources Department — Lynnette Siedschlaw
• Present Personnel Requisition for approval
d) Office of Development Services — Roy Tipton
• Present Letter of Final Payment to APH Construction for Cemetery Shop roof
— Front Deck Mower
— Library Roof
a) Advocates — Chuck Grobe
• Present Denim Day (April 26) Proclamation for signature
b) Julie Grobe and Loretta Earle
• Present National Day of Prayer (May 4) Proclamation for signature
c) Broadband Coalition — Michelle Balleck & Mike Foreman
• Discuss Broadband implementation administration support
d) CNCC — Janell Oberlander
• Discuss Loudy-Simpson Park Soccer Field Memo of Understanding for 2017 season
— Present letter of support for Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative
e) The Memorial Hospital — Andy Daniels
• Discuss lease purchase agreement for Moffat Family Clinic
6) 10:30 a.m.: Office of Development Services — Roy Tipton
• Live auction for lots in the Town site of Loyd
Craig City Council meeting
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
1) Pledge of allegiance
2) Call to order
3) Municipal Judge Heather Cannon will administer the oath of office to newly elected Mayor John Ponikvar and newly elected councilmembers Andrea Camp, Tony Bohrer and Chris Nichols
4) Presentation of Plaque to W. Kent Nielson
5) Replacement for council position vacated by John Ponikvar’s election as mayor
6) Approval of minutes from April 11 meeting
7) Approval of agenda
8) Consent agenda
a) Moffat County Sheriff KC Hume and Chief of Police Walt Vanatta will be presenting five lifesaving awards to law enforcement personnel
b) John Allen will give an update on the Luttrell Barn.
c) Moffat County Humane Society: Dog park discussion.
d) Melody Villard of Grand Olde West Days will appear to request support from the Council in the amount of $7,500
e) Mike Foreman, Michelle Balleck and Frank Moe will give a broadband update and request $6,800 to support the Broadband Effort.
10) Other Business
a) Proclamation declaring April 26 as “Denim Day” in Craig in support of the prevention of sexual assault and declaring the month of April 2017 as Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
b) Award of Bid for Rotary Cutter for Road and Bridge department.
c) Award of Bid for Breeze Park Bathrooms
d) Resolution No. 10: a resolution of the city council of the city of Craig authorizing city staff to take certain actions regarding city water rights
e) Ordinance No. 1064: updating the noise ordinance
11) Staff Reports
a) 2017 Annual report for both Water and Wastewater
b) March 2017 Water/Wastewater reports
c) March 2017 financial reports
12) City Manager/City Attorney Reports
13) Council Reports
14) Audience Comments
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User