Government update for the week of April 13
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda —
Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: April 7 and special meetings: April 8, 9, 13
b) Villard pit sand and gravel lease
c) Memo of understanding for participation in the Colorado Emergency Fire Fund
d) Resolution(s) for transfer of intergovernmental funds: 2015-43 & 44
e) Loudy-Simpson Park concession stand lease contract
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business,
whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Planning and zoning — Pat Mosbey
• Conditional use permit for gathering lines – C-15-01
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Fairgrounds — Bill Sixkiller
• Present automated RV dump equipment lease
6) 9:30 to 10 a.m.: The Memorial Hospital — John Rossfeld and Jennifer Riley
• Hospital update
7) 10 to 10:30 a.m.: Road & Bridge Department — Bill Mack
• Monthly reports
8) 10:30 to 10:45 a.m.: Advocates — Sharon Farquhar
• Present proclamation for Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention month
9) 10:45 to 11 a.m.: Sheriff’s office — KC Hume
• Discuss Dinosaur Law Enforcement Intergovernmental Agreement
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig Municipal Building, 300 W. Fourth St., Craig
Please note that action (including final action) may be taken on any or all of the following items:
1) Roll Call
2) Pledge of allegiance and moment of silence
3) Municipal Judge Heather Cannon will administer the oath of office to newly elected Mayor Ray Beck and newly elected council members Derek Duran, John Ponikvar, Joe Bird and W. Kent Nielson.
4) Approval of minutes from March 24 meeting
5) Approval of March 2015 bills
6) Approval of agenda
7) Consent Agenda
a) Approval of a special events’ liquor license for VFW Post 4265 for an event to be held at Moffat County Fairgrounds on 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 15 and 16.
b) Approve the renewal of a Tavern liquor license for Dena Garcia, dba the Popular Bar at 24 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
a) Representatives from Advocates Crisis Support Services (ACSS) will present a proclamation declaring April 2015 as Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month. b) Dave Fleming will request $2,500 for the 2015 Colorado State High School Rodeo Finals to be held in Craig from May 21 to 2.
c) Moffat County Commissioner Frank Moe will discuss the selection of Moffat County in the National Association of Counties Innovation Challenge workshop for coal-reliant communities.
d) Diane Johnson, Yampa Valley Electric Association president and general manager, will provide an update on the company.
e) Proclamation declaring the week of April 13 as National Linemen Appreciation Week. 9) Other Business
a) Award of bid for a vibratory asphalt compactor for the Road and Bridge Department.
b) Award of bid for 2015 curb and gutter construction and concrete improvements.
c) Ordinance number 1044 (2015) — an ordinance adopting chapter 2.30 of the Craig Municipal Code entitled “Planning and Zoning Commission.”
10) Staff reports
a) March 2015 Craig Police Department report.
11) City manager/city attorney reports
12) Council reports
13) Audience comments
Craig Rural Fire Protection District board meeting
When: 7p.m. Thursday
Where: Craig Rural Fire Protection District, 419 Yampa Avenue
1) Call the meeting to order
2) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
3) Approval of agenda
4) Approval of minutes — March 19
5) Approval of the bills
a) Fire Department bills
b) Hazmat bills
c) Pension bills
d) Purchase Orders
5) Budget Review (Nichols)
6) New Business
a) Record retention policy second reading
b) Update to administrative policy 07, second reading
c) Fireworks campaign
d) Ten year capital purchase plan
a) Thank you note from Cub Scouts
7) Reports from the chief
8) For the good of the order
9) Board member reports
10) Audience comments