Government Update for Sept. 8, 2012
September 8, 2012
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: resolution for transfer of payment warrants, resolution of payment of payroll warrants, Department of Social Services accounts payable and electronic transactions, final bill from Connell for 2012 asphalt paving projects.
Recommended Stories For You
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion:
— Note commissioners may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Charlene Abdella, Moffat County Undersheriff
— Present bid recommendation for pickup truck purchase
• 9:15 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Kate Nowak, Yampa Valley Data Partners
— Present final report for Governors Energy Office grant.
— Update on Yampa Valley Data Partners
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Kathy Bower, Brown's Park School Association
— Discuss porch construction project at Brown's Park School
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, road and bridge department
— Present monthly reports
• 10:30 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Marie Peer, Department of Social Services
— Approve Aug. 21 meeting minutes
— Approve 2012-2013 core services plan
— Present monthly reports
• 11 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, human resources
— Present personnel requisition for approval
• 11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Break
• 11:30 to 11:45 a.m. Discussion with Brett Barkey, 14th Judicial District Attorney
— Meet and greet
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Approve Aug. 28 meeting minutes
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda
— Approve a special events permit for Oct. 6 Yampa Valley Friends of NRA event at the Boys & Girls Club, 1324 E. U.S. Highway 40.
— Ducks Unlimited Chapter C0038 Oct. 27 annual banquet at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion.
— Alan Cashion will appear before council and the Craig Rural Fire Protection District Board in regards to the fire tower project.
— James E. Rae, CPA with Poysti & Adams, LLC, will present City of Craig 2011 audit.
• Other business:
— Approve proclamation recognizing Sept. 17 to 23 as Constitution Week.
• Staff reports:
— Craig Police Department monthly report.
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments