Government update for Sept. 29
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Sept. 29
• Approved, 3-0, an oil and gas lease with Samson Resource Co. for minerals underneath Loudy-Simpson Park.
The county lease is for three years, with a $110 per acre payment and an 18.75 percent royalty on production.
The lease does not include stipulations on where the company can drill. However, the Museum of Northwest Colorado owns a portion of the minerals under the ground, so county officials will be able to negotiate such restrictions if the company decides to drill.
• Approved, 3-0, the September supplemental budget requests, which included a $2,500 decrease in county contingency funds for well repairs at the Moffat County Fairgrounds, as well as about a $1,391 decrease in emergency reserves for firefighting supplies.
The contingency fund sits at $197,500, down from $200,000, and the emergency reserve account is at $899,111.
• Approved, 3-0, a grant pre-application to the Colorado Department of Local Affairs for about $5 million. If approved, the money will go toward an asphalt overlay on a portion of Moffat County Road 4.
The grant application applies to a special allocation of $17 million made to the DOLA grant fund by the state Legislature earlier this year.
• Approved, 3-0, directing the county attorney to negotiate matters related to litigation regarding County Road 47. The commission discussed the issue in a closed executive session with the county attorney.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Oct. 6, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent Agenda
– Warrant resolution
– Core Services Contract for day treatment alternative services with Colorado West Regional Mental Health
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note that the commission may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Grounds and Building Department, Lennie Gillam
– Present bid recommendation and possible award of elevator maintenance agreement
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discuss proposed Regional Transportation Authority
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Land Use Board, Dave Watson
– Present letters to Department of Interior and BLM regarding the BLM Resource Management Plan
– Consider adopting road vacation guidelines
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User