Government Update for Sept. 25
September 21, 2012
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: accounts payable and payroll resolution, SGM civil engineering contract, Community Services Block Grant, 2013 emergency management plan grant request and High Desert Outdoor Power.
Recommended Stories For You
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion:
— Note commissioners may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Roy Tipton, of developmental services
— Request waiving the bid process for new doors at the Moffat County Fairgrounds grandstands.
— Present bid recommendation for commissioner fleet vehicle.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of road and bridge
— Request waiving the bid process for pickup snowplow.
— Approve final payment to Patriot Highway Markings.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Tim Jantz, Moffat County Sheriff
— Request rescinding county fire restrictions.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Terri Estey, of human resources
— Employment requisition.
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Betsy Nauman-Cook, of the Craig/Moffat Economic Development Partnership
— Present EDP update
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Approve Sept. 11 meeting minutes
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda
— Approve a special events permit for the Craig Chamber of Commerce on Oct. 20 at the Boys & Girls Club of Craig.
— Kate Nowak, of Yampa Valley Data Partners, will present a final report on the Energy Education Plan.
— Betsy Nauman-Cook, of the Craig/Moffat Economic Development Partnership, will provide an update to the city council.
• Other business:
— Approve engineering contract for Ridegeview Trail.
— Consider rescinding Ordinance 1019 (2012) — fire restrictions in the City of Craig.
• Staff reports:
— Finance director Bruce Nelson will present August financial report.
— Water/wastewater monthly reports.
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments