Government update for Oct. 13
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Oct. 13
• Tabled awarding a bid for reconstructing the American Legion Post 62 roof because of a discrepancy in information given to bidders.
Some county information asked contractors for 30-year shingles, while other materials asked for 50-year.
When county officials publicly opened the bids Monday, different companies bid different materials, which altered their bid prices.
Commissioner Tom Gray said he was uncomfortable asking companies to rebid because each of them saw their competitors’ prices when the bids were opened.
County officials could not determine what they considered a fair solution during the meeting, but plan to reconvene on the issue at the commission’s Oct. 20 meeting.
• Approved, 2-0, a $35,957 bid from TLC Carpet for new flooring at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion. It was the low bid submitted.
• Approved, 2-0, waiving the formal bid process for the Moffat County Assessor’s Office to contract outside companies to assist with auditing energy industry property and appraising commercial buildings.
The county plans to hire Oklahoma-based Visual Lease Services for energy property audits, and Littleton-based ValueWest for commercial appraisals.
Both companies have worked for the county the last few years.
• Approved, 2-0, vacating county ownership of the alley between Center Avenue and Eddy Avenue in Lay, as well as a portion of Center Avenue that runs from County Road 17 to Main Street.
The Commission tabled vacating two alleys in Hamilton until county staff can meet further with residents.
• Approved, 2-0, a personnel requisition for a part-time night manager at Sunset Meadows. It is an existing position.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Oct. 20, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
Review and sign the following documents: Approve Sept. 9 and 22, and Oct. 6 meeting minutes; warrant resolution; contract for jail dishwasher; contract for Moffat County Pavilion flooring; and elevator maintenance agreement with Thyssen-Krupp Elevator.
• General discussion
Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Charlene Abdella, of the Moffat County Sheriff’s Office
Present bid recommendation and possible award on search and rescue ATV
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber, of administration
Present final settlement for Jennison Custom Builders for Moffat County Courthouse roof construction
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of Planning and Zoning
Discuss vacation of alleys in Hamilton
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Lennie Gilman, of grounds and building
Present bid recommendations and possible award of reconstruction of Shadow Mountain Clubhouse roof
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User