Government update for May 8
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda —
Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: May 5
b) CAMEO grant contract
c) Resolution 2015-54: Advance from general fund to Sunset Meadows II fund.
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Planning & Zoning — Jerry Hoberg
• Pankey Minor Subdivision S-15-01
• Eberle Exemption Vacation EV-15-01
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Daughters of the American Revolution, Augusta Wallihan Chapter
• Present proclamation for May as Armed Services Appreciation Month.
6) 9:30 to 9:45 a.m.: Advocates — Sharon Farquhar
• Vehicle donation discussion
7) 9:45 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Office of Development Services — Roy Tipton
• Present energy impact grant application for phase three of Shadow Mountain Village improvement project for approval.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. 4th St.
1) Roll call
2) Pledge of allegiance and moment of silence
3) Approval of minutes from April 28 meeting
4) Approval of April 2015 bills
5) Approval of agenda
6) Consent agenda
a) Approval of special events liquor icenses for Grand Olde West Days for May 23 and 25 to be held at Moffat County Fairgrounds and Alice Pleasant Park, respectively.
7) Council reports
a) Proclamation recognizing May 2015 as Armed Forces Appreciation Month.
b) Proclamation designating May as Higher Education Month.
c) Recognition of the “If I Were Mayor” essayists and their teacher Ms. Vicki Blomquist.
d) Public hearing to consider rezoning specific property from L-1 Light Industrial District to MU-2 Mixed Use District.
e) Resolution No. 6 (2015) ~ a resolution to re-zone the properties zoned L-1 Light Industrial to MU-2 Mixed Use 2 District in the Craig Townsite north of the city limits between Ranney and Yampa Avenue as described on the attached legal notice.
9) Other business
a) Award of bid for playground equipment for Breeze Street Park.
b) Motion to approve funding of fireworks for 2015 fireworks display.
c) Ord. No. 1044 (2015) ~ an ordinance adopting chapter 2.30 of the Craig Municipal Code entitled “Planning and Zoning Commission.”
10) Staff reports
a) April 2015 police department report.
11) City Manager/City Attorney reports
12) Council reports
13) Audience comments
10:05 a.m. On the 2000 block of West Victory Way, police in Craig responded to a road rage call. Craig police said a caller reported a driver with a child in the backseat was driving erratically. When