Government update for May 7, 2011
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:40 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
Review and sign the following documents: minutes from April 26, A/P warrant resolution, payroll warrant resolution, certificate of public trustee for the first quarter and contract with Brite House LLC.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Lila Herod of Clerk & Recorder’s Office
Discuss mail-in ballot election for the November coordinated election
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Lila Herod of Clerk & Recorder’s Office and Nancy Miles of Assessor’s Office
Discuss census numbers and redistricting
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Tom Soos of EMS Council
Review of and possible award for EMS program medical director position
• 9:45 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose of the Road & Bridge Department
Present landfill clean-up days resolution for signature
• 10:15 a.m. to noon. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg of Planning Department
Mountain Hoem Youth Ranch Conditional Use Permit C-11-01
Geokinetics Conditional Use Permit C-10-09
Smith variance — V-11-01
• Noon to 1:30 p.m. Break
• 1:30 to 1:45 p.m. Discussion with Lynnette Running of Human Resources Department
Present personnel requisition
• 1:45 to 2:15 p.m. Discussion with Laura Willems and Barbara West of the Department of Social Services
Connections 4 Kids quarterly report
Community services block grant: Board recommendations
Review March 15, 2011, minutes for revision or approval
Colorado Works policy update
Temple Hoyne Buell: Professional development plan
• 2:15 to 2:30 p.m. Discussion with Dan Davidson of the Museum of Northwest Colorado
Present mineral leases for signature
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve April 26 meeting minutes
• Approve April bills
• Approve agenda
Appointment of two position to the Planning & Zoning Commission
Presentation of the Chief’s Life-Saving Award to Officer Ryan Fritz
Approval of a request for a temporary retail liquor store license for Lariat Lee Liquors, Inc. at 391 Lincoln St. by Jack and Linda Paulson.
Elkhead and Yampa River State Park Manager Ron Dellacroce will report on Elkhead Reservoir operations planned for the summer season.
Approval of a special event permit for the Northwest Colorado Chapter of Parrotheads for Grand Olde West Days on May 28 and 29, 2011, at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion and Mathers parking lot.
• Other business:
Ordinance No. 1014, an ordinance to amend Section 8.02.130 of the Craig Municipal Code concerning failure to pay administrative penalties.
Resolution No. 6, a resolution designating the month of May as Higher Education Month
• Staff reports:
Month end report for the Craig Police Department
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports:
Discussion of the renewal of the Veterans of Foreign Wars lease
• Audience comments
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Seven miles along the side of Highway 318 as it passes through Sand Wash Basin will shortly be the location for a new fence.