Government Update for May 5: Moffat County Commission meeting
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: resolution for transfer of payment warrants; resolution for payment of payroll warrants; emergency management planning grant reimbursement request
• 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. General discussion:
— Note commissioners may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of human resources
— Present personnel requisition for approval
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Jeremy Snow, Moffat County Attorney
— Possible executive session to discuss county attorney applicants
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of human resources
— Discussion regarding county attorney applicants
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of road and bridge
— Monthly reports
— Request waiving the bid process for First Street culverts
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Dan Davidson, of the Museum of Northwest Colorado
— Present oil and gas lease and lease amendment with Endeavor Energy for signature
— Present oil and gas lease, lease amendment, and joinder with SWEPI for signature
• 10:45 to 11:30 a.m. Discussion with Matt Holman, of Shell, and Kelly Heaney and Gina Hinkemeyer
— Present update on the SWAN project
• 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of planning and zoning
— Reinier Taxidermy Shop CUP
— Schonwald Land, Inc. Seismic CUP
— Present airport apron rehabilitation plan construction safety and phasing plan for signature
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Approve April 24 meeting minutes
• Approve April bills
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda:
— Approve the renewal of a retail liquor store license for Lariat Lee Liquors at 544 Legion St. No cause shown for denial.
— Approve a 3.2-percent beer retail license for Mini Mart, Inc., dba Loaf N’ Jug, at 2441 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial. — Approve the renewal of a hotel and restaurant liquor license for Carelli’s Pizzeria. No cause shown for denial.
— Public hearing to consider granting a hotel and restaurant liquor license to Victor Tarango, dba Tarango’s Night Club, at 535 Green St. — Proclamation declaring May 2012 as Higher Education Month.
• Other business:
— Moffat County Tourism Association to request funding for the Norman Rockwell window art program
— Further discussion and possible action on participation in the National League of Cities service line warranty program
• Staff reports:
— Craig Police Department monthly report for April.
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Tanner Coulter and his family were looking for somewhere to spread out a bit.