Government update for May 30
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, May 26
• Discussed a new contractual agreement with the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association to restructure the county’s public health system.
The state Legislature passed the Public Health Revitalization Act in 2008, which created different requirements for local public health entities. Moffat County does have its own public health department, but has contracted with the VNA to provide those services – such as government-funded nursing programs and early childhood care.
County officials do not want to change the local system, which they feel is an effective and streamlined use of local resources, and so hope to fit the current partnership arrangement into the state’s new requirements.
The Commission plans to meet with Sue Birch, VNA chief executive officer, at 8 a.m. Thursday to discuss the new contract. The commissioners said their goal is to have all public services remain effectively the same for the public as they do now.
• Approved, 3-0, a $8,080 bid from Yampa-based Ager Drilling Services to drill for limestone pits for the road and bridge department. Ager will core-drill two holes and drill four other test holes off County Road 10.
The county hopes to use limestone for its gravel roads in the future. Officials believe it will be a sturdier and smoother road base.
• Approved, 2-0, personnel requisitions for two part-time crisis intervention specialists for the Crisis Intervention Team, and a part-time maintenance position for Sherman Youth Camp.
All positions are budgeted for.
Next meeting: Tuesday, June 2
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent Agenda
– Warrant resolution
– Approve Board of Health minutes
– BLM Free Use Permit on clay pit #21
– Contract for Services Agreement with Wheeler Manufacturing for construction and installation of stairway and crossovers at the Moffat County Public Safety Center
– Grant contract for the Northwest Colorado Council for Children and Families
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion. Note that the commission may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Rick Barnes
– Present Public Officials Commitment resolution
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Human Resources Department, Lynnette Running
– Personnel Requisitions
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User