Government update for May 25
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: May 21 meeting minutes, contract for remodeling of Youth Services office, contract for electrical upgrades to Youth Services office, and resolution for transfer of May intergovernmental funds.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion:
— Note commissioners may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:10 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of road and bridge
— Present bid recommendation for 2013 asphalt projects.
• 9:10 to 9:20 a.m. Discussion with Roy Tipton, of developmental services, and the Craig Police Department
— Present City of Craig’s Moffat County Public Safety Center lease for approval.
• 9:20 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Roy Tipton, of developmental services
— Present bid recommendation for Museum of Northwest Colorado remodel.
• 9:30 to 9:40 a.m. Discussion with the Board of County Commissioners
— Discuss signing a letter addressed to senators and the governor regarding EAGLE-Net Alliance and broadband issues.
— Discuss signing comment letter regarding proposed Bureau of Land Management oil shale regulation amendments.
• 9:40 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock, of natural resources
— Present mineral lease with Axia Energy for signature.
• 9:45 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of human resources
— Present a request for proposal recommendation for employee healthcare clinic provider.
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Approve May 14 meeting minutes
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda
— Approve the renewal of a retail liquor license for Lariat Lee Liquors. No cause shown for denial.
— Approve the renewal of a 3.2 percent liquor license for Pizza Hut. No cause shown for denial.
— Approve a request for a temporary hotel and restaurant license for The Galaxy Restaurant due to a transfer of ownership.
— Dan Davidson, director of the Museum of Northwest Colorado, will present a new early Craig history photo book compiled by museum staff.
• Other business:
— Award bid for 2013 asphalt projects.
— Renew lease on sludge lagoon property.
— Approve Moffat County Public Safety Center lease for the Craig Police Department.
• Staff reports:
— April finance report.
— April water and wastewater reports.
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments
Moffat County School District will provide shuttle services to Moffat County High School graduation, set for 10 a.m to noon Saturday, May 25 at MCHS, 900 Finley Lane.