Government update for May 16
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, May 12
• Approved, 3-0, an agreement with the Bureau of Land Management Little Snake Field Office in Craig to work together on new archeological finds.
The BLM has the authority to close roads in the event of a new find to discourage interference and theft.
The agreement states the BLM will notify the county of any new finds so local officials can comment on the best course of action before a decision is made.
• Approved, 3-0, supporting a State Historical Fund grant request for $10,000 from the BLM. The grant will help pay for an assessment of a new archeological site in the county to determine worth and a plan for what to do with the materials found.
• Approved, 3-0, spending as much as $75,000 with Steamboat Springs-based Tuck Communication Services for a new phone system at the Moffat County Courthouse.
Tuck submitted the low bid of $47,571, but the commission approved spending more because there is about $106,000 left in the project budget, which included an earlier hardware purchase, also from Tuck.
• Approved, 3-0, two personnel requisitions – one for a full-time county paralegal and the other for a temporary self-sufficiency case manager for Moffat County Social Services.
The current paralegal, Ute Murray, recently was named Moffat County Housing Authority director, and Social Services anticipates having three employees go on maternity leave later this year.
Next meeting: Tuesday, May 19
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
– Review and sign the following documents: Approve March 17 and 31, and April 14 meeting minutes; warrant resolution; contract for Moffat County Public Safety Center picnic shelter construction; and contract with Tuck Communication Services for VOIP Telephone System.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
– Safety meeting
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Alisa Comstock, of the Extension Office
– Extension Office update
• 9:30 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Bryce Jacobson, Boys & Girls Club of Craig board of directors
– Discuss building expansion
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Break
• 1 to 3 p.m. Quarterly intergovernmental agency meeting
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day, or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User