Government update for June 20
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, opening prayer
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: June 17 meeting minutes; core services contracts: mental health, substance abuse, day treatment alternative services, sexual abuse treatment services; cleaning courthouse and annex building contract — Bubbles and Brooms and the community services block grant quarterly report.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion:
— Note commissioners may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. BOCC
— Proposal presentation by nonprofits for property at 1161 Aspen.
— Discussion of letter sent to the Honorable Gina McCarthy about changing venue of meeting from Denver to Moffat County.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock, of Natural Resources
— Consider letter regarding TransWest power line.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Mindy Curtis, of the Finance Department
— Present second quarter budget supplemental for approval.
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Paul Backes, of McMahon & Associates, and Mindy Curtis, of the Finance Department
— Review 2013 audit reports.
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Siedschlaw, of the Human Resources Department
— Discuss on-call provisions for county operations: earned time off.
— Resolution 2014-80: temporary compensatory time policy change for the Road and Bridge Department.
• 10:45 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Roy Tipton, of Development Services
— Request to waive bid process for refurbishing ice re-surfacer.
• 11 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Mark Wick, of the VFW
— Discuss special events permit for a beer garden at the Moffat County Balloon Festival.
• 11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Discussion with Richard Nichols, of the EMS Council
— Sign pre-hospital care provider licenses.
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Approve May 13 meeting minutes
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda
— Approve the renewal of a 3.2 percent beer-on-premises license for Pizza Hut at 1070 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
— Approve a proclamation declaring the month of June, General Aviation Appreciation Month.
• Other business:
— Award of bid for sandblasting and/or repainting of North Glen Erie and Sandrock Water tanks.
— Award of bid for a sewer replacement project in the alleys between Tucker and Rose streets from Eighth Street to Ninth Street and between Rose and Washington streets from Eighth Street to Ninth Street.
• Staff reports:
— May 2014 financial report.
— Water/wastewater monthly report
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
As the weather warms up in Moffat County and spring is well under way, local businesses are making a push for the yearly spring cleaning in an effort to spruce up the community.