Government Update for June 18: Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: resolution for transfer of payment of warrants; resolution for payment of payroll warrants; Department of Social Services A/P and electronic transactions; eBooks contract for Moffat County Libraries; dual check agreement for rooftop unit purchase at the Moffat County Public Safety Center; state public health contract; legal representation agreement; Moffat County Fairgrounds grandstand building drywall repair contract; Moffat County Fairgrounds grandstand building ceiling painting contract; and crusher electrical repair contract.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topics relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of the road and bridge department
— Present bid recommendation for plow truck
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber, of the finance department
— Present June budget supplemental for approval
9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of the human resources department
— Present personnel requisition for approval
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Roy Tipton, of Office of Development Services
— Present bid recommendation for cleaning services
— Present contract for asbestos abatement for courthouse mechanical rooms
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Moffat County Attorney Jeremy Snow and Rebecca Tyree
— Discuss possible dissolution of the Federal Mineral Lease District
— Present letter to county treasurer regarding National Forest Payment for school district for signature
• 10:30 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Moffat County Attorney Jeremy Snow and Rebecca Tyree
— Possible executive session to conference with county attorneys to receive legal advice on specific legal questions; determine positions relative to matters that may be subject to negotiations; develop strategies for negotiations; and instruct negotiators regarding Board of Assessment Appeals upcoming hearing.
• 11 a.m. to noon. Discussion with Moffat County Attorney Jeremy Snow and Rebecca Tyree
— Possible executive session to conference with county attorneys to receive advice on specific legal questions regarding County 47 road appeals process.
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.