Government update for July 6
Moffat County Commission
Last met: June 30
• Approved, 2-0, contributing an additional $4,500 to the Craig/Moffat County Airport to put a new asphalt overlay on its front parking lot.
• Approved, 2-0, three bids for the road and bridge department. All were the lowest bids submitted.
First was a $29,100 bid from Idaho-based Intermountain Machine & Fabrication for two packer/rollers.
The commission also approved spending $7,507.53 with Craig-based MJK Sales and Hardware for 750 feet of fencing for the Moffat County Landfill. MJK’s was the only bid the county received on time.
Finally, the commission approved contracting with Steamboat Springs-based Northwest Colorado Consultants to test the asphalt materials used to put an overlay on County Road 7. The bid doesn’t have a set total, because the county will use the firm as needed.
• Approved, 2-0, departmental budget changes for June. However, none required any additional dollars, and the county’s contingency fund of $200,000 and emergency reserve account of $900,502 were unchanged.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:45 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
– Review and sign the following documents: Approve June 16, 22 and 23 minutes; warrant resolutions; Social Services payroll; notice of intent to conduct exploration operations for construction material minerals; highway striping contract; credit application for A&E tires
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion. Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Charlene Abdella, of the Moffat County Sheriff’s Office
– Present bid recommendation for Public Safety Center parking lot sealing
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Review applications for open seats on the Planning & Zoning Commission, Area Agency on Aging Council and Moffat County Tourism Association
• 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Darcy Track, of the Craig/Moffat Economic Development Partnership
– Request letters of support for grants
• 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Christina Currie, of the Craig Chamber of Commerce
– Chamber of Commerce update
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day, or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User