Government Update for Jan. 9, 2012
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Wednesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:40 a.m. Appointment of BOCC chairman for 2012
• 8:40 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
Review and sign the following documents: CGRS corrective action plan modification work plan and cost estimate; monthly and semi-annual treasurer’s reports
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Announce 2012 ex-officio assignments
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Announce 2012 board seat appointments
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock, director of the natural resources department, and Dan Davidson, director of the Museum of Northwest Colorado
Present bid recommendations for mineral lease sale
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Lila Herod, of the clerk and recorder’s office
Request waiving the bid process for book binding services
• 10 to 10: 30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose of the road and bridge department
Present bid recommendation for landfill tire disposal
Present monthly reports
• 10:30 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Marie Peer, of social services
Review and approve Dec. 20, 2011 minutes
Connections 4 Kids
Steamboat Springs Transit subsidy
Colorado’s supplemental Temporary Aid to Needy Families grant and TANF reauthorization
Colorado Benefits Management System
• 11 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of human resources
Present personnel requisitions for approval
• 11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Break
• 11:30 a.m. to noon. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of planning and zoning
Discuss Alley Vacation request in Hamilton
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Approve Dec. 13, 2011 meeting minutes
• Approve December 2011 bill
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda
Approve renewal of a tavern liquor license for Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265 at 419 E. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
Request for approval of a site plan for a retail sales building at Lot 6 in the Walmart subdivision at 1830 W. Victory Way by Steven Tebo.
Public hearing to consider granting a hotel and restaurant liquor license to BACM 2006-5 Highway 13 Lodging, LLC, formerly the Holiday Inn at 300 S. Highway 13.
• Other business:
Award bid for a truck mounted bituminous distributor for the road and bridge department.
Resolution No. 1 (2012) designating a public place for posting public meeting notices as required by the open meetings law.
Resolution No. 2 (2012) declaring the Craig Daily Press the official newspaper of the City of Craig.
Discuss lease negotiations with the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265 and direct city manager to respond to letter dated Dec. 28, 2011.
Consider 2012 dues request from the Associated Governments of Northwest Colorado.
• Staff reports:
Police department month end report for December
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
A handful of Moffat County swimmers clocked personal bests at the 3A Regional meet in what was one of the best meets of the season for the Bulldogs, which also saw the 400-yard free relay…