Government update for Jan. 8
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
- Review and sign the following documents: Dec. 21 meeting minutes; contract for Colorado Works program for a personal job coach; resolution for the 2011 official newspaper, monthly and semi-annual treasure’s report.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion
- Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Announce 2011 ex-officio assignments
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Announce 2011 board seat appointments.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber of administration
– Present national joint powers alliance membership agreement for approval.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock of the natural resources department
- Present Geokinetics permits for Loudy-Simpson Park, Moffat County Fairgrounds, landfill and road and bridge department.
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose
– Monthly reports
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Erin Miller of the commissioner’s office
– Discuss bids for the 2011 printing and stationery services
• 10:45 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Marilynn Hill of the Moffat County Tourism Association.
– Present bid recommendation for the marketing research project
• 11 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Lynnette Running of the human resources department
– Present personnel requisitions for approval
- Present memorandum of understanding with Peter Epp for county surveying services
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve Dec. 14, 2010 meeting minutes
• Approve December bills
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda
- Approval of the renewal of the hotel and restaurant liquor license for the Holiday Inn of Craig, 300 S. Colo. Highway 13. No cause shown for denial.
– Darcy Trask will give a briefing on the Air Quality Control Commission’s Dec. 16 meeting concerning Tri-State Generation & Transmission’s Craig Station.
• Other business
- Consider approval of a change order for the city hall flooring project.
- Resolution No. 1 (2011) designating a public place for posting notice of any meeting as required under the open meetings law.
– Resolution No. 2 declaring the Craig Daily Press as the official newspaper of the city of Craig for 2011.
• Staff reports
– The Craig Police Department will present a December month-end report.
• City manager and city attorney reports
• Council reports
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User