Government update for Jan. 13, 2014
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, opening prayer
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: Jan. 7 meeting minutes, resolution(s) for payment of payroll warrants: 2014-06 and 07, resolutions for transfer of payment warrants: 2014-08 and 09, GasBoy Software support contract, state of Colorado discharge monitoring report, extension office entryway flooring contract, yearly advertising agreement with Craig Daily Press, Tri-State G&T landfill blanket order, model traffic code ordinance: 2013-14, treasurer’s monthly and semi-annual reports, ValueWest Ad Valorem services contract.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion.
— Note commissioners may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda. There will be a safety meeting.
— Safety meeting
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of Planning and Zoning
— Present vacation request for MCR SB1 aka Farrell Place.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Christina Oxley, of the Craig Chamber of Commerce
— Chamber update
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with the Economic Development Partnership
— Program Update.
• 10:00 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of the Road and Bridge Department.
— Monthly reports.
• 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Siedschlaw, of the Human Resources Department.
— Present personnel requisitions for approval.
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Melody Villard and Rob Schenck, of the Moffat County Tourism Association.
— Discuss tourism on the Yampa River.
• 10:45 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Roy Tipton, of the Office of Development Services.
— Present bid evaluation for the office of emergency management, extension office and facility maintenance vehicles.
— Present bid evaluation for construction of Road and Bridge Department Great Divide shop.
• 11 to 11:05 a.m. Announce choices for open seats on The Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees and Moffat County Finance Corp.
• 11:05 a.m. to noon Discussion with County Attorney Rebecca Tyree and Contract Attorney Jeremy Snow.
— Possible executive session pursuant to CRS 24-6-402(4)(e): determining positions relative to matters that may be subject to negotiations; developing strategy for negotiations; and instructing negotiators re: MCR 47.
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.