Government update for Dec. 6
December 6, 2008
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Monday, Nov. 24
• Approved a $115,700 bid from Denver-based Klipp to work on a project to relocate courtrooms to the Moffat County Public Safety Center from the Courthouse.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 9
• 8:30 to 8:45 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
Recommended Stories For You
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. Moffat County Republican Vacancy Committee
– Appointment of District 2 Commissioner seat
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Consent agenda:
– Warrant Resolutions
– Core mental health services contract between Anthony Noble and Moffat County Social Services
– TANF services contract between A&S Counseling and Social Services
– TANF services contract between Christine Villard and Social Services
– Lease agreement with Yampa Valley Sportsman’s Riders Club
– DOLA grant contract amendments for Moffat County hospital infrastructure and Moffat County capital improvements
• 9:15 to 9:45 a.m. County Budget Administrator, Tinneal Gerber
– Adopt 2009 budget and certify mill levies
• 9:45 to 10:15 a.m. Grand Junction Housing Authority, Lori Rosendahl
– Present Intergovernmental Agreement/Memo of Understanding regarding Section 8 Housing Vouchers
10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Tony Maneotis
– Request naming of new Loudy-Simpson Park soccer field for Saed Tayyara
• 10:30 to 11 a.m. Road & Bridge Department, Bill Mack and Linda DeRose
– Monthly reports
• 11 to 11:30 a.m. The Memorial Hospital, George Rohrich
– Approval and authorization of documents related to The Memorial Hospital HUD Insured Loan
• 11:30 to 11:45 a.m. Natural Resources, Jeff Comstock and Dan Davidson, Museum of Northwest Colorado director
– Present oil and gas lease with Avalanche Energy for approval & signature
• 11:45 to noon. Human Resources, Lynnette Running
– Personnel Requisitions
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council
Last met: Tuesday, Nov. 25
• Approved the introduction of an ordinance to amend the city’s required bond amount for outdoor vendors. The new ordinance is intended to give the city greater protection against fraud and other problems.
• Approved the second and final reading of an ordinance to raise fees for residential and commercial refuse collection.
• Approved the second and final reading of an ordinance to increase water and wastewater fees.
• Set a public hearing for Jan. 13, 2009, to consider a conditional use permit for a single-family home in a Light Industrial zone district at 1536 E. Victory Way.
• Awarded a bid for $7,458 for two picnic shelters to Wood Site & Playscapes, at the request of the Parks and Recreation Department. It was the low bid submitted.
• Approved additional expenses for the Water Treatment Plant project, totaling $154,294.
• Approved the second and final reading of the 2009 budget.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 9
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approval of Nov. 25 meeting minutes
• Approval of November bills
• Approval of agenda
• Consent agenda
– Renewal of the hotel and restaurant liquor license for Vallartas Restaurant & Mexican Cuisine, 1111 W. Victory Way, Suite No. 114. No cause shown for denial.
– Appointments to the Parks, Recreation, Trails and Open Space Advisory Board. Candidates for the two alternate positions are Jason Wilensky and Liane Davis-Kling.
• Other business
– Ordinance No. 988 (2008), and ordinance amending Section 5.02.030 and Section 5.02.060 of the Craig Municipal Code regulating outdoor vendors. First reading.
– Ordinance No. 989 (2008), an ordinance amending Title 8 (Health and Safety) of the Craig Municipal Code concerning junk. Introduction.
• Staff reports
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments