Government update for Dec. 27
December 27, 2008
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Dec. 23
• Approved, 3-0, a final payment of $19,397 to LeFevre Building Systems for sand/salt building.
• Approved, 3-0, a sand and gravel lease with Smith Rancho.
• Approved, 3-0, sending out bids to Ford dealerships for a totaled truck.
• Approved, 2-1, a 2009 office supply bid with Staples. Jackson’s Office Supply & Radio Shack also submitted a bid; it was about 31 percent more than Staples. Commission member Audrey Danner voted against the measure. Danner said she wanted to keep the bid local.
Recommended Stories For You
• Approved, 3-0, hiring a full-time Moffat County Jail detention deputy, an existing, budgeted position.
• Approved, 3-0, a resolution authorizing a 1 p.m. closing Wednesday and Dec. 31 for the county.
• Approved, 3-0, Nov. 18 Social Services’ minutes.
• Approved, 3-0, a memorandum of understanding between Moffat County and Social Services for legal services.
• Approved, 3-0, a Community Services Block Grant for Social Services.
• Approved, 3-0, authorizing Social Services to administer Colorado Division of Housing Family Unification Vouchers.
• Approved, 3-0, a resolution adopting a sixth amendment to the Moffat County employee retirement plan.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 30
• 8:30 to 8:45 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
– Review and sign following documents: Resolution for 2009 observed holidays
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Announce appointments to County Volunteer Board seats
• 9:15 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber, of administration
– Present December budget supplemental
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of the Planning and Zoning Department
– Present Federal Airport Administration parking lot improvement grant for signature
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Elaine Sullivan, of the Clerk and Recorder’s Office
– Present special events liquor license permit for Wyman’s Museum for approval
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.