Government update for Dec. 13
December 13, 2008
Moffat County Commission
Last meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 9
• Approved a motion to name the new soccer field area at Loudy-Simpson Park after Commissioner Saed Tayyara, who died Nov. 29. The area will be known as the Saed Tayyara Memorial Soccer Complex.
• Approved site and operations leases for The Memorial Hospital and the TMH Facilities Corp.
Officials have structured loan payments so that the county will lease the land for the new hospital to the Facilities Corp., which then will lease the land to the hospital.
TMH will make loan payments for construction to the Facilities Corp., which then will pay the lenders.
Recommended Stories For You
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development maintains a “lease hold interest,” which allows the agency to assume management of the hospital in the case it cannot pay its loans.
• Approved an intergovernmental agreement with the Grand Junction Housing Authority to manage 81 Section 8 housing vouchers in Moffat and Rio Blanco counties.
The agreement states the Housing Authority will manage the vouchers until June 30, 2010. After that, the agency would manage vouchers for existing users, but any unused vouchers would be transferred to Mesa County.
Also in that case, anytime a local voucher holder gave up a voucher – either because of going off the program or death, or for any other reason – that voucher would be transferred to Mesa County. Eventually, Moffat and Rio Blanco counties would not have any more vouchers.
• Approved two land leases for Pioneer Resources totaling about $100,000 in revenue for the county. If the company finds natural gas or oil on the land, the county would collect three-sixteenths royalty for what is sold.
County officials were told the company no longer was interested in the leases as of one week ago, but the company changed its mind because of troubles with other planned leases in Texas.
The lands total about 920 acres north of Lay.
• Approved the 2009 budget.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 16
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent Agenda
– Contract for Audit Services
– Memo of Understanding between Moffat County Tourism Association & Museum of Northwest Colorado for office space
– Moffat County Tourism Association Board by-laws
– TANF services/pre-pregnancy family planning contract for Social Services Department
– Child support enforcement agreement for Social Services Department
– Service agreement for Social Services copy machines
– Social Services Department Core Services contract addendum
– HIPPA Op-Out notices for 2009
– Monthly Treasurer’s report
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion. Note that the Board may discuss any topic relevant to County business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Assessor’s Office, Suzanne Brinks
– Present tax abatement request for Pagoda Pipeline
– Present contract for consulting agreement with ValueWest for signature
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Road & Bridge Department, Bill Mack and Linda DeRose
– Present compactor bid recommendation
• 9:30 to 10 a.m. County Budget Administrator, Tinneal Gerber
– Present mill levies for certification
– Discuss filling public health officer position
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Human Resources, Lynnette Running
– Personnel Requisition
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.