Government update for August 1
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, July 28
• Approved, 3-0, signing a letter of support for a $5 million grant application to the U.S. Department of Energy to study if the hills north of Hamilton would be suitable for carbon sequestration.
The Colorado Geological Survey, which is applying for the grant, plans to match $1 million, made up by contributions from the energy industry.
• Heard a presentation from Joani Matranga, Western Slope representative for the Colorado Governor’s Energy Office, about federal block grants for energy efficiency projects.
She said Colorado received about $42 million from the U.S. government, of which $32 million was given directly to 12 counties with large populations.
The other 52 counties, including Moffat County, will split $9.5 million.
The commission did not commit to anything, but said it would keep the various programs in mind.
• Approved, 3-0, recommending the road and bridge department seek informal price quotes for a manufactured liner to place at the bottom of a new pit at the landfill.
Staff officials wanted to waive the bid process because they trust the company they’ve used for the last several years.
The commission decided not to request a complete bid process because it did not want to affect road and bridge’s plans to start the project in early September.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition for a part-time, temporary worker for the Moffat County Fair.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Aug. 4, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:45 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
– Review and sign the following documents: warrant resolutions, approve June 9 and 30 meeting minutes, and July 1 and 14 meeting minutes; Core Services Program; Social Services Department; bandwidth.com credit application; and Standard Plumbing Supply credit application
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. Discussion with county attorney Kathleen Taylor
– Discuss status of County Road 47
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Charlene Abdella, of the Moffat County Sheriff’s Office
– Present bid recommendation for remodel of Moffat County Jail library
• 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with county attorney Kathleen Taylor
– Public hearing on petition to vacate County Road 99N
• 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber, of administration, and Erin Miller
– Present bid recommendation for public facilities tables and chairs, and conference room tables and chairs
County Board of Equalization hearing:
• 10:30 to 11 a.m. Tarango, Inc. dba Fourmile Creek Recycling
• 11 to 11:45 a.m. Questar Exploration & Production Company
• 11:45 a.m. to noon. Discuss Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association proposal for The Memorial Hospital property
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User