Government update for Aug. 8
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Aug. 4
• Approved, 3-0, signing a letter of support for the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association for a $2.5 million grant application from the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration.
The grant funds are made up of recovery dollars.
• Denied, 3-0, a petition to vacate 2 1/2 miles of County Road 99N from County Road 9N to County Road 142. The roadway in question is northwest of Craig, north of Great Divide.
A county landowner representing The Adler 1987 Trust filed a petition to vacate because of trespassing problems. The portion of the road affected by the petition only travels through land owned by the trust, and vacating it would not block access to anyone else’s property.
However, neighboring landowners said they use that stretch of the road to travel around the area and that could be an important shortcut if fire ever threatens their livestock herds.
• Approved, 3-0, two bids from School Outfitters for tables and chairs for the Moffat County Courthouse second floor conference room and other public facilities.
The bids totaled $11,349.85 and were the lowest submitted.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Aug. 11, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent Agenda
– Approve minutes for the July 7, 21, 27 and 28 meeting
– Core Services Program Mental Health Services contracts with:
– Diane Prather/Prather Productions
– Kathy Gibbs
– Core Services Program Substance Abuse Treatment Services contract
– Intergovernmental agreement with Moffat County School District, Colorado Northwestern Community College and city of Craig for November 2009 Coordinated Election
– BLM Free Use Permit for Moffat County Refuge Pit #1
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. East Resources – Gordon Palmer
– Present request for temporary closure of Moffat County Road 93
• 9:30 to 10 a.m. Routt County Road and Bridge Department – Paul Draper and Tammie Crawford
– Discuss work on road to Elkhead Reservoir
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Moffat County Road and Bridge Department – Bill Mack
– Monthly reports
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Human Resources Department – Lynnette Running
– Present resolution for early closure for employee barbecue on Aug. 13
• 10:45 to 11 a.m. Youth Services Department – Kelly Patterson
– Present contract from Rural Collaborative for Homeless Youth
• 11 to 11:15 a.m. Building Department – Pat Mosbey
– Discuss changes to zoning resolution
• 11:15 to 11:30 a.m. BREAK
• 11:30 to noon. Planning & Zoning Department – Jerry Hoberg
– Wagner Gravel Pit Conditional Use Permit – C-08-01
Craig City Council
Last met: Tuesday, July 28
• Heard from Kate Nowak, Yampa Valley Partners executive director, about the group’s upcoming Community Indicators Project.
An upcoming 2009-10 report will add Rio Blanco County to its coverage, and the group plans to soon launch a new interactive Web site that includes all of the reports information, Nowak said.
• Approved, 6-0, a $4,435 bid from Sirchie Fingerprint Laboratories for Craig Police Department evidence cabinets. It was the low bid submitted.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 11, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve July 28 meeting minutes
• Approve July bills
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda:
– Renew 3.2 percent beer retail liquor license for City Market No. 15 at 505 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
– Council will receive annual update for The Memorial Hospital. Presentation given by chief executive officer George Rohrich, service excellence officer Samantha Johnston and finance officer Woody Hathaway.
– Award bid to resurface the wave pool at city pool complex.
– Award bid for 2009 water system improvements.
– Resolution No. 8: a resolution appropriating grant funds in the general fund for renovation to the Boys & Girls Club, City Hall’s basement, and increased funding for the salt storage shed.
– Resolution No. 9: a resolution appropriating grant funds in the general to providing funding of equipment for school security.
– Approve out-of-city water and sewer agreement with Veldon W. and Collen Behrman.
– Consider approval of a non-exclusive license agreement with Zirkel Wireless, LLC, to install wireless Internet communications equipment on city property.
– Police Department monthly report
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council report
• Audience comments
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User