Government update for April 6
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: April 2 meeting minutes, resolution for payment of warrants, resolution for transfer of payroll warrants, Moffat County Fair entertainment contracts, Loudy-Simpson Park lawn mowing contract renewal and resolution approving the change of control of the local cable franchise.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion:
— Note commissioners may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of planning and zoning
— Atwood second residence conditional use permit.
— Taylor gravel pit conditional use permit.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Roy Tipton, of developmental services
— Present recommendation for sole source purchase of fertilizer for Loudy-Simpson Park.
— Present recommendation for extending concession stand contract with Cugino’s Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with the Board of County Commissioners
— Appoint vacant Library Board seat.
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of road and bridge
— Present monthly reports
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Janet Pearcy, of the Northwest Colorado Dental Coalition
— Present letter of support for state property tax exemption.
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Municipal Court Judge Kevin Peck will administer the oath of office to Mayor Terry Carwile and council members Tony Bohrer, Jarrod Ogden and Gene Bilodeau
• Approve March 26 meeting minutes
• Approve March bills
• Approve agenda
— Moffat County Commissioner Chuck Grobe and Moffat County Developmental Services Director Roy Tipton will provide status update on Shadow Mountain Village improvement project.
• Other business:
— Resolution No. 11 to approve the purchase of real property.
— Appoint a city council member to serve on the Associated Governments of Northwest Colorado Board of Directors.
— Appoint Mayor Pro-Tem.
• Staff reports:
— Craig Police Department March month-end report.
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
SILT — Water managers are dealing with the after effects of the Grizzly Creek Fire and subsequent mudslides in Glenwood Canyon by continuing a water quality monitoring program.