Government Update for April 25
Moffat County Commissioners meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda —
Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: April 21 and Board of Health meeting
b) Community Services Block Grant contract
c) 2015 County Fee Schedule
d) Loudy-Simpson Park Farm Lease
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion
Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Janelle Husband and Roberta Hawks
• Discuss local art economy
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Julie Grobe
• Present proclamation for annual Day of Prayer
6) 9:30 to 9:45 a.m.: Natural Resources Department — Jeff Comstock
• Present letter of support for CSU research project for signature
7) 9:45 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Office of Development Services — Roy Tipton
• Present Shadow Mountain Village Improvement Project plumbing contract for approval
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. 4th St.
The Craig City Council will hold a workshop with Moffat County Commissioners at 5:30 p.m.
1) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from April 14 meeting
4) Approval of agenda
5) Consent agenda
6) Council reports
a) Janele Husband and Roberta Hawks will present information about the community’s local artists and their growing presence as contributors to the city’s culture and economy.
b) Robert Schenck will update Council about the proposed Yampa River recreation expansion project — Diversion Park.
8) Other business
a) Award of bid for a portable air compressor.
b) Award of bid for 2015 asphalt projects.
c) Award of bid for 2015 3/4 ton four wheel drive pickup.
d) Order No. 1044 (2015) — an ordinance Adopting Chapter 2.30 of the Craig Municipal Code Entitled “Planning and Zoning Commission.”
e) Appointment of city council representatives to various boards.
f) Appointment of an assistant mayor.
9) Staff reports
a) March 2015 water and wastewater department reports.
b) March 2015 financial report.
10) City Manager/City Attorney reports Audience Comments
11) Audience comments
12) Additional Council Reports
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Michael Egan was returning to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, last Saturday, Jan 22, after hitting the slopes in Steamboat Springs, but, as his flight accelerated toward takeoff, something wasn’t right.