Government update for April 25
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Monday, April 20
• Approved, 2-0, sponsoring the city of Craig’s annual Whittle the Wood Rendezvous, scheduled for June 17 to 20 at Craig City Park.
The Commission also approved sending a letter to the Craig City Council expressing its concern about underage drinking at the event. Commissioner Tom Gray said underage drinking may become a serious problem for the event, and Commissioner Tom Mathers requested the county start a discussion with the city.
• Approved, 2-0, a bid for $7,065 from Craig-based Wheeler Manufacturing to build a stairway at the Public Safety Center. It was the low bid submitted.
The original bid was for two sets of stairs for $8,863, but the Commission recently toured the Safety Center and decided one set of stairs would be enough.
• Approved, 2-0, allowing the Moffat County Sheriff’s Office and Maybell Fire Department to apply for a Colorado State Forest Service grant.
If approved, the grant would fund $1,271 for 10 new fire shelters, five for the Sheriff’s Office and five for the Maybell Fire Department. The grant requires an equal match, so both local entities would have to split another $1,271 to purchase the shelters.
• Approved, 2-0, personnel requisitions for a part-time master control operator at the Public Safety Center and a full-time Moffat County Housing Authority director.
Former Housing Director Jan Reece resigned.
• Approved, 2-0, bids for an irrigation system and sod for the new soccer fields at Loudy-Simpson Park.
The Commission accepted a $12,661 from Grand Junction Pipe for the irrigation materials, and an $85,439 bid from Fort Collins-based Green Lawn Sod Company for sod. Both bids were the lowest submitted.
Funding for the purchases is provided entirely through a Great Outdoors Colorado grant.
Next meeting: Tuesday, April 28
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent Agenda
– Warrant Resolutions
– Initial change on oil and gas leases for the Museum of Northwest Colorado
– Sam’s Club membership card application
– Court security grant reimbursement form
– Letter of intent for staff training
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion. Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to County business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. County Attorney Kathleen Taylor
– Possible executive session to be requested under C.R.S. Section 24-6-402(4) (b) conference with county attorney for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions: Discuss Routt County budget cut request.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Administration
– Award winning bid for Public Safety Center picnic shelter
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Human Resources Department, Lynnette Running
– Personnel requisition
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Economic Development Partnership, Darcy Trask
– EDP update
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Yampa Valley Community Foundation, Lisa Brown and Betsy Jay
– Report on Rural Philanthropy Days
• 10:45 to 11 a.m. Planning and Zoning Department, Jerry Hoberg
– Discuss Elk Springs Recycling & Recovery Facility referral
– Discuss 4 Mile Creek Recycling & Recovery Facility referral
– Discuss Tucker airport ground lease renewal
Craig City Council
Last met: Tuesday, April 14
• Approved, 7-0, renewing the tavern liquor license for Popular Bar, at 24 W. Victory Way.
• Approved, 7-0, a letter of support for the Independent Life Center’s application for a U.S. Department of Agriculture loan application. ILC plans to use the money to purchase the building it now rents at 483 Yampa Ave.
• Approved, 7-0, a grant application for the Craig Police Department and Moffat County Sheriff’s Office for $20,311 to update the criminal offense report system between law enforcement and the 14th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.
The money would allow officials to replace the current paper delivery process with an electronic database.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 28
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Approval of April 14, 2009, meeting minutes
• Approval of agenda
• Consent agenda:
– Request for approval of a site plan for a retail development on Lot 1 of the Sawer Replat by Lonnie and Lorraine Kawcak.
– Request for approval of a site plan for an addition at 1150 W. Ninth St. by The Journey at First Baptist Church.
– Melody Villard will present an update on policy for the Moffat County Tourism Association board.
• Other business:
• Approval of a request to purchase two additional pickups using a previous bid proposal. One pickup is for parks and recreation and one pickup is for road and bridge.
• Award of bid on the Wastewater Plant roof replacement project.
• Ordinance No. 991 ~ an ordinance deleting subsection (4) of Section 10.04.060 (D) of the Craig Municipal Code concerning Careless Driving. Introduction.
• Review and discussion of council and staff appointments to various boards and commissions.
• Staff reports:
• Finance Director Bruce Nelson will present the financial report for March.
• Water Department Director Mark Sollenberger will present the Water/Wastewater Annual Report.
• City Manager/City Attorney Reports
• Council Reports
• Audience Comments
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User