From Pipi’s Pasture: Resolutions for 2019
Time has a habit of flying by. Only a short while ago, I was writing about the birds that were picking leftover crab apples off our tree that grows next to the dining room window. Yesterday, I noticed the crab apples are all gone, and only a few dry leaves were clinging to the branches as the wind tried to knock them off. When did the changes take place? I hadn’t noticed, just as I hadn’t noticed that 2019 is just a few days away.
So, I have been thinking about the brand new year and some of the changes I would like to make in my life, most of which are quite doable. I just have to put my mind to them.
These resolutions include the following:
• Organize chores so I don’t have to go to the corral more than twice a day.
• Get rid of some of the clutter in the house.
• Clean up and organize my outside office cottage so I can spend more time working there.
• Do a better job of planning meals ahead of time so we don’t have to eat bologna sandwiches on evenings I have conference calls and paperwork.
• Clean the grass away from the fence where the irises are planted.
• Plant the garden earlier in the spring (as compared to the past two springs).]
• Find my prairie flowers in a nursery this year.
• Write at least one letter to friends or family members each week.]
• Begin shopping for Christmas in summer.
• Start working on income tax in a more timely manner.
• Sort and organize the storage shed.
• Spring clean the house in March and April.
• Organize my recipes so I can find what I need.
• Get someone to fix the fence partition at the corral (that the bulls knocked down).
• Clean up the pile of grain sacks in the carport (even if the cats enjoy sleeping there).
• Find a way to enjoy winter more.
• Fill out a notebook, given to me by granddaughter Jessica, with history of my grandparents’ lives
• Eat more fruits and vegetables.
• Do a better job of keeping my car tidy.
• Grow some really big pumpkins this year.
• Enjoy more, stress less.
• Spend more time writing my columns.
Do you have a list of doable resolutions for 2019? Whatever your plans, I hope 2019 brings a wonderful year for your family!
Recalls, special sessions, petitions, campaigns, Tweets, Facebook, CNN, Fox News. Yikes, let’s go fishing.