From Pipi’s Pasture: Resolutions for 2019
Time has a habit of flying by. Only a short while ago, I was writing about the birds that were picking leftover crab apples off our tree that grows next to the dining room window. Yesterday, I noticed the crab apples are all gone, and only a few dry leaves were clinging to the branches as the wind tried to knock them off. When did the changes take place? I hadn’t noticed, just as I hadn’t noticed that 2019 is just a few days away.
So, I have been thinking about the brand new year and some of the changes I would like to make in my life, most of which are quite doable. I just have to put my mind to them.
These resolutions include the following:
• Organize chores so I don’t have to go to the corral more than twice a day.
• Get rid of some of the clutter in the house.
• Clean up and organize my outside office cottage so I can spend more time working there.
• Do a better job of planning meals ahead of time so we don’t have to eat bologna sandwiches on evenings I have conference calls and paperwork.
• Clean the grass away from the fence where the irises are planted.
• Plant the garden earlier in the spring (as compared to the past two springs).]
• Find my prairie flowers in a nursery this year.
• Write at least one letter to friends or family members each week.]
• Begin shopping for Christmas in summer.
• Start working on income tax in a more timely manner.
• Sort and organize the storage shed.
• Spring clean the house in March and April.
• Organize my recipes so I can find what I need.
• Get someone to fix the fence partition at the corral (that the bulls knocked down).
• Clean up the pile of grain sacks in the carport (even if the cats enjoy sleeping there).
• Find a way to enjoy winter more.
• Fill out a notebook, given to me by granddaughter Jessica, with history of my grandparents’ lives
• Eat more fruits and vegetables.
• Do a better job of keeping my car tidy.
• Grow some really big pumpkins this year.
• Enjoy more, stress less.
• Spend more time writing my columns.
Do you have a list of doable resolutions for 2019? Whatever your plans, I hope 2019 brings a wonderful year for your family!
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User