From Pipi’s Pasture: New Fair Book contest offers opportunity for 4-H youths
There are lots of talented young people in Moffat County, and this year 4-H members have a chance to use their artistic talents to vie for the cover of the 2013 Moffat County Fair Book.
Each year’s book features a unique cover design. Past covers have been designed by Moffat County Extension Office personnel, but this year the Fair Board has decided to try something different. They are having a contest for the 2013 Moffat County Fair Book cover, and they’ve opened it to 4-H members.
The deadline to enter is Feb. 28, so if you’re a 4-H member who’s interested in entering the contest, you’ll have to hurry.
The requirements for the contest are as follows:
• The dimensions are 3 1/2 inches x 10 1/2 inches.
• The design can be portrait or landscape.
• The design can be in color or black and white (if you have questions about using photos, call the Extension Office).
• The design must be “camera ready” (no changes can be made when it is printed).
• The design must include “95th Annual Moffat County Fair.”
• The design must include the fair dates: Aug. 4 through 10, 2013.
• The design must be a Moffat County Fair theme (that means it needs to consist of things that represent the fair).
• Do not include your name on the design entry. On a separate piece of paper, print your name, age and contact information.
• If you have questions, call the Moffat County Extension Office at 970-824-9180.
• The deadline is Feb. 28. Entries are due at the Moffat County Extension Office, 539 Barclay St. in Craig.
If you are a young person who has been thinking about enrolling in 4-H, or if you are an adult with a child who would like to enroll, the time is now. To be eligible to complete a 4-H project in 2013, 4-H enrollment must be received by June 1. However, to ensure leader availability, the Extension Office needs enrollment for the 2013 year as soon as possible. Some clubs are already meeting and working on projects.
Enrollment fees are $30 per member and $20 per Cloverbud member. Forms are available at the county Extension Office.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User