Fitness Tip: Physical activity helps increase body temperature no matter the weather
Colder winters and unpredictable spring weather make staying active a challenge, but staying active can also help keep you warm this season. Keeping warm is only one of the many reasons to exercise. Regular physical activity can produce long-term health benefits. People of all ages, shapes, sizes and abilities can benefit from being physically active. Some of the benefits include the following.
• Increased chance of living longer.
• Feeling better about yourself.
• Decreased chances of becoming depressed.
• Sleeping well at night.
• Moving around more easily.
• Having stronger muscles and bones.
• Attaining, or maintaining, a healthy weight.
• Being with friends and meeting new people.
• Enjoying yourself and have fun.
The more physical activity you do, the greater the health benefits.
If you have prescription drugs that are either expired or no longer needed, don’t just toss them in the trash or flush them down the toilet.